Panasonic SC-PT450EB or Samsung HTX30R h/c system? Help me decide please!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have recently upgraded to a 1080p 42" LCD and am now looking at a home cinema surround set-up! I currently have a ps3 and Sky+ also, so would like to use these in conjunction with the system I finally decide on!

The Panasonic SC-PT450EB or Samsung HTX30R is my likely choice and I was wondering if:

i)Anyone has any of these set-ups and can help me with some information regarding their performance?

ii)Anyone can tell me if they can play all regions from the box or can be hacked to do so?
Anyone knows of any compatability problems that I may encounter pairing any of them with my Tosh 42"?

Any/all help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
emotion-5.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sorry that this one slipped through!

There's a test of £200-£270 (list price) home cinema systems in our current February issue - the Samsung does well there, and is certainly better than the Panasonic SC-PT850 (bigger version of the system you're looking at). The Sony DAV-DZ630 also does well in that test, but all are pipped by the LG HT902TB.

All should be available multi-region - none will be as standard, but look for retailers advertising them as such.

Know of no compatibility issues with your Toshiba TV, but, as ever, we won't have tested every kit with every single TV, so keep hold of any warranty card when you buy!

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare, for you reply. I went for the Samsung after reading the review! Will report back on it's performance!
emotion-5.gif
Thanks again!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts