Panasonic PT-AE2000E vs PT-AX200E

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm buying a new house that with a loft conversion that I intend to turn into my home cinema the room is about 13 foot (4 metres) square. I have been looking at 50" lcd/plasma panels but am being drawn towards using a projector instead. I will have a PS3 for blue-ray and XBOX 360 for gaming.

The new Panasonic PT-AE2000E has had great reviews and it top of my list (and budget) but as I will also be using it for gaming I'm wondering if I would be better off with the PT-AX200E with its 5ms refresh option. So my questions are will I notice any difference on the refresh whilst gaming and will the AE2000E look considerably better when playing HD content.

I look forward to your help.

Raiton.

A

Anonymous

Hi. Haven't tested the PT-AX200E (hope to soon - we've got one on order) but the AE2000E would still get my bet. Its notably higher 1920 x 1080 resolution should allow for a pixel-to-pixel match with the 1920 x 1080 video outputs of your two games consoles, which will mean less discernible video noise, less edge shake and reduced digital blocking.

Can't find details of its panel response time immediately to hand (note: the figure you've stipulated for the PT-AX200E refers to response time, not refresh rate), but I'll happily email Panasonic if that's of help. Didn't see anything perturbing when we tested it, though, and we did stick gaming content (from a PS3) into it.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andy for the speedy response. An email to Panasonic would be great, I'm sure your more likely to get a response than if I tried :)

I guess I would have 2 questions for them. The first is what the response time of the 2000E and the second is to ask what in their oppinion would be the best projector that will be used 40% for gaming and 20% Blue-Ray and 40% DVD/SKY TV. Obviously HD content will increase over time but this is likely to be the ratio for the next year or so.

Thanks again for your help.

Railton.

A

Anonymous

Evening

Just wanted to let you know that I haven't yet got the information we needed. I've emailed and phoned Panasonic, and the company's Press Office has agreed to put the question to a technical product manager (because they didn't know themselves) but as yet, no reply. I am on the case. In the meantime, we're taking delivery of our test sample of the PT-AX200 this week.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts