Panasonic G10 with built in freesat

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have recently dragged myself out of the tv dark ages and bought a G10 with built in freesat, and at the same time I upgraded to sky+ HD.

Sky as part of the deal installed a new dish which runs only 2 satellite input cables both of which i`m told have to go into the back of the

sky box. The problem is however, the built in freesat for it to work requires a satellite input cable that goes into the back of the tv ??? Is

there anyone out there with a solution to get my freesatHD working ?

Its probably something really simple... a bit like myself !!!

Your help would be very much appreciated,

Ian close

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
If you've got Sky+ HD, you don't need Freesat - simple.

OK, if you haven't got a Thomson or Samsung Sky box with the new EPG, you may have to wait for ITV HD, but you can always hook up your set to Freesat for the (rare) occasions there's something worth watching!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:

If you've got Sky+ HD, you don't need Freesat - simple.

Unless you're recording two programs and want to watch something else.

OK, if you haven't got a Thomson or Samsung Sky box with the new EPG, you may have to wait for ITV HD, but you can always hook up your set to Freesat for the (rare) occasions there's something worth watching!

If the OP has got SkyHD (or just Sky+) then he's got a quad LNB, he just needs to have another cable run from the dish to the TV's satellite input.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
If your sky box has two satellite inputs it may be for twin tuners, you could try connecting one satellite cable to the tv, but that will only allow one tuner working in your sky box, it's what i've done with my panny PZ81 & humax foxsat box, alternatevly you could pay a satellite installer to put more satellite connections in.

daveh75

As Clare suggest's you dont really need the Freesat as you Have Sky HD other than for ITV HD(if you haven't got the new EPG).

But if you still want to use Freesat there's a few options really,

1) borrow one of the feeds from one of the Sky HD box as and when you want to use Freesat, obviously means you'll lose dual recording/watching one channel while recording another functionality on the Sky box while doing this.Also a bit of a PITA having to keep physically swapping the cables...

2) As above,but add an Satellite A/B switch,but mean's you wont have to physically switch cable's between the Sky box and Tv,just switch between outputs...

3)The best option.... As you have Sky+HD, Sky will have fitted a quad LNB(part on the end of the dish arm that receives the signal) so will have a spare port(s). Which would mean you could run a dedicated feed for the Freesat TV eliminating any funtionality issue's and not having to mess about switching cables etc.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:It's deja vu all over again!

Wouldn't be deja vu if it wasn't
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Thank you all for your prompt responses and your solutions. Problem solved !

I will probably do as one or two of you have suggested and run a new feed from the spare port on the dish.

I`m slowly getting the hang of this technical Tv stuff.... the dinosaur is evolving !... I`m off now to research Home Cinema Systems ???

Cheers again everyone

ian close

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts