Panasonic G10 Set up

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I am looking for advice on setting up a newly purchased Panasonic TX 50 G10 Plasma with a Panasonic DMP-BD80 Blu-Ray coupled with a Yamaha RX-V640RDS Receiver.

I currently have it set up as follows: HDMI 1 to Sky HD. HDMI 2 to Blu Ray. Optical Cable from Yamaha to Blu Ray and Optical cable from Yamaha to Television.

Is this the best set up with the cables I have. When I turn on the Television I get a screen stating no signal. I then have to select Sat on the television remote to get Sky. Also when I turn on Blu Ray I manually have to reset to DVD on the remote.

Is there any way of setting up so that DVD "takes"over automatically when turned on and Goes back to sky when turned off.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you could offer.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
You are not getting the best sound possible at the moment. Set your Sky+HD box to output Dolby Digital and connect it via Optical cable to the receiver. You could use the one that's currently connected to the blu-ray player, because you should run three pairs of analogue (phono) cables between that and the receiver. Set the player to decode HD audio on board as your receiver can't do the job itself.

I think you'll have to continue to select the inputs manually with your current set up. If you invested in a Harmony remote, you could easily do everything with one touch - it's up to you, but for me it's £100 well-spent!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info I will go and try that now . I think I have some phone cables around.

Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts