Visit site
I just got this player for Xmas and while it is great on the whole there
is one minor irritation. It seems that on every disc I play on it,
there will always be one or two tracks where the machine goes from
operating silently to a sort of high pitched noise that can sometimes be
heard over quiter scenes. Obviously it isn't a HUGE problem as for the
vast majority of the disc the player operates in silence, but should it
be making this noise at all? What is causing it? Is my machine faulty
or is this likely to occur with every model of this player?

Legacy260

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the same player but have not noticed any motor noise with either blu-ray or dvd's. Have you tried tried a CD and if there is no noise clearly the machine has an issue motor or processor related.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I think you are hearing the variable speed of the drive.

It has to read the inner edges I think faster than the outer edges or the other way around so it needs to speed up a lot. You hear this as a whine

A lot of players do this. Your player may have a noisier drive than the chap above. Dont forget the drive is most likely an oem manufactured by another company for as cheap as possible then installed in the player. There will be tolerances between different batches etc.

Or it could be your room has a slight echo which makes high pitch sounds ring and it is therefore amplified / made worse compared to the chap above.

If you bought from a store take it in and see if they have one to test to see if it does the same - if it doesnt then get it replaced.

meanmrmustard1979

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I bought the same Blu-ray player before Christmas from Richer Sounds. While playing Blu-ray's seem normal, when I play DVD's it is noticably noisier to the point of distraction. I've tried 3 DVD's so far all the same and considering my DVD collection is presently much larger, this is a major problem!!

Also is it just me or is the silly touch pad remote incredibily frustrating for anyone else? I think I'm gonna have to take this back to Richer Sounds, I'm considering replacing it with the Sony BDPS790 or the Pioneer BDP450. Any thoughts anyone??

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I think changing the player for an alternative would be a mistake.

If you read the HDTV Test review of the 65VT65 he talks about the Panasonic Blu Ray Players actually being the best way to feed a 65 Range Panasonic TV.

I dont know if what he says is exclusive to the 65VT I doubt it.

He suggests using 444 output from the player and selecting chroma sampling to advanced - you then select 1080p Pure in the picture menu of the TV.

I have seen the player setup like this on the 65Vt65 and it looks incredibly detailed and sharp.

You wont have that option on a Sony or on other players

I would advise sending it back and getting another one to try for this reason alone.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts