Panasonic DMP-BD60 Bluray, correct settings for outputting Dts Hd Master Audio.

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Anybody help, just received my first disc with DTS HD master audio, and Dolby True HD. 

Receiver is an Onkyo TX-SR507, which is set to auto for decoding, panny is set to bitstream output,connection is hdmi cable to Onkyo.

Selecting DTS hd master audio on disc settings, but cant get the Onkyo to display DTS HD master audio ? 

If i have understood the instuctions for the Onkyo it should display HD DTS. ? 

Confused.com folks......

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
Well I have a BD30 and Onkyo 606 and mine does display DTS HD-Master when set to bitstream over hdmi with an appropriate blu-ray.

What does the onkyo display if not DTS HD- Master then?
This will give a clue as to where the issue may be.

michael hoy

Hi.

I had a BD50 until a few months ago.

I think you need to go into the setup menu - Audio settings and there are some options in there, look for the one that mentions HD audio, I know that I had to change the setting when I bought my new amp.

Sorry I cannot give more detail, memory fades with time.

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
In the BD60's Setup menus, make sure 'BD Secondary Audio' is set to 'Off'.

If this is fine, then try the button on the Onkyo's remote control labelled 'Movie/TV' (under 'Listening Modes'). Press repeatedly to cycle through the various listening modes (i.e. DTS Neo:6, Dolby Pro-Logic etc.) just to make sure you're on the right setting for Blu-ray.

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
professorhat:
Liam19:In the BD60's Setup menus, make sure 'BD Secondary Audio' is set to 'Off'.

This is the setting to check - 9 times out of 10 this is the issue.

ÿ

ok, panny set to bitstream, secondary off, onkyo on auto for decode, set disc to dts hd and scrolling through the movie listening mode on onkyo still cant get dtsÿ hd to light up on display.ÿ

onkyo was open box ex display, possible faulty unit, i have tried just about every setting ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts