Panasonic DMP-BD55

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can you, if so, what is the easiest way to make this player play all region DVD's/Blu-ray Disc's?
Sorry if this has been covered, but can't seem to find any info.
Thanks.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It can certainly be modded to be multi-region for DVD - i've seen several retailers sell it as such - but I don't think it's an easy 'handset hack' or disc upgrade (i'd love to be proved wrong on that!)

ÿ

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
I don't think you can! You might be able to find a way to unlock the DVD part (but be careful, the suggestions I've seen was not plain and simple). But for Blu-ray, not to my knowledge.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
"Easy" if you have Harmony remote - On another forum you can request id and login to unlock it for DVD, also from said forum I downloaded a CCF file for use with my Pronto and no issues (BD-35). You can but a remote with the codes built in and I think they even return you a fiver or 10 if you send remote back. Blu-Ray multi-region reuqires a hardware mod. and If I recall correctly costs £100/150

A

Anonymous

kena:
"Easy" if you have Harmony remote - On another forum you can request id and login to unlock it for DVD, also from said forum I downloaded a CCF file for use with my Pronto and no issues (BD-35). You can but a remote with the codes built in and I think they even return you a fiver or 10 if you send remote back. Blu-Ray multi-region reuqires a hardware mod. and If I recall correctly costs £100/150

Which other forum would this be?

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Just Google Panasonic BD-55 region hack .. think the forum comes up number one

Seems to have a lot of happy chappies after hack.. Also a Remote hack for a one for all Kameleon somewhere their also , I've got a copy of it on my PC some where . You program buttoms to send the 10 codes needed .

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the replies, can this be done without a 'harmony' remote?

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Rock Man:Thanks for all the replies, can this be done without a 'harmony' remote?

If by that you mean any remote the answer is no. It can be done with a Harmony,One for all Kameleon, or Philips Pronto , or a bought remote that you can return or keep . the hex codes can also be sent via IR on a PDA. Others may be possible but I gve up my search when I found the CCF file which I could use on my Pronto.

A

Anonymous

kena:
Rock Man:Thanks for all the replies, can this be done without a 'harmony' remote?

If by that you mean any remote the answer is no. It can be done with a Harmony,One for all Kameleon, or Philips Pronto , or a bought remote that you can return or keep . the hex codes can also be sent via IR on a PDA. Others may be possible but I gve up my search when I found the CCF file which I could use on my Pronto.

What i meant - not very clear on my part, sorry. Is do you need a seperate remote or can this region free hack be done from the Panny remote?

TRENDING THREADS