Panasonic DMP BD55 v Denon DVD2500BT

Stormboy

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi

Is the Denon DVD2500BT so much better than the Panasonic DMP BD55 as to justify a 125% price premium, especially given that it does not have any analogue circuitry? Will either of them play SACD and DVD-A disks?

Does anyone have any information as to how these players are likely to compare to the new Pioneer players (particularly the new LX91)?

Thankyou

Stormboy

A

Anonymous

You'll need to wait regarding how the Pioneer 91 compares I'm afraid as they're not available yet.

The Denon is a different beast to the Panny. The Panny is a mass market product built to a price point, whereas the Denon is an enthusiast product designed to get as much as possible from the format. People who want their BD players to do everything aren't going to be considering the Denon. Which are you? :)

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
As Clare points out here, neither model plays SACD or DVD-A and no, given its price, the Panasonic can't beat the Denon. We'll be posting a review of the Pioneer BDP-LX71 later this week.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
4LKN4:You'll need to wait regarding how the Pioneer 91 compares I'm afraid as they're not available yet.

The Denon is a different beast to the Panny. The Panny is a mass market product built to a price point, whereas the Denon is an enthusiast product designed to get as much as possible from the format. People who want their BD players to do everything aren't going to be considering the Denon. Which are you? :)Oh yes the denon is not only a different beast to the panny but a different beast entirely, bluray has finally landed !! I just recently owned the pioneer lx70a player , not anymore i dont as i now own the denon with such pride, if you want pic & sound quality delivered in spades then look no further than the denon, IMO there isnt anything else out there that can touch this in terms of PQ & audio! When i 1st watched bluray through this player it was almost like watching a different technology altogether, the detail is outstanding to say the least, i highly recommend anybody to demo this player then decide? & i know youll soon forget about interactivity as boy can this player play.

asif

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
I take it you could see where i was coming from then! Seen the pioneer lx71 review today, but ive no regrets..the denon is a fantastic machine..good luck with it jase

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
asif:I take it you could see where i was coming from then! Seen the pioneer lx71 review today, but ive no regrets..the denon is a fantastic machine..good luck with it jaseHi Asif, i sure could see were you were coming from buddy, i mean dont get me wrong the pioneer lx70a is a great player, but this denon is the real deal, were on earth did all the detail come from ? just when i thought that bluray couldnt get any better along came the denon lol i checked out apocolypto & the detail that was on show was breathtaking it was like watching a whole new version of the film everything i throw at it it just delivers bigtime, i wont be looking any further as its gonna take some player to beat this one,! i feel that im experiencing bluray for the very 1st time ha thanks for your advice anyway asif much appreciated mate.

A

Anonymous

Jase can you play CDs via HDMI into your amp with the Denon?

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Will Harris:Jase can you play CDs via HDMI into your amp with the Denon?Hi Will, yes you can play CDs via HDMI & it doesnt sound to bad actually although IMO i still prefer my stand alone CD player but the denon does a good job all the same mate.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
stevevp:And how is playback from standard DVDs please?Hi stevevp dvd playback from this player is excellent, by far one of the best ive seen, even upscaled to 1080p ! DVDs like "flight of the phoenix", "castaway" & say "red planet" look like a near HD quality to em, its a fantastic all rounder mate, like Asif he was thinking of getting a stand alone DVD player as i was but as the denon is so good there isnt any need. WHF have got a review of it here on this site, check it out & take it from me the review for it is accurate word for word its truly stunning i just cant praise it enough!!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Was that a post somewhere in that sig?!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

That is quite some signature indeed! Am beginning to come round to the view that laying our your wares is a bit naff, so might have to purge my sugnature at some point very soon! ;-)

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Will Harris:That is quite some signature indeed! Am beginning to come round to the view that laying our your wares is a bit naff, so might have to purge my sugnature at some point very soon! ;-)I think its very useful listing all your equipment , before i put all my kit down when you post a thread people would say "what tv do you use? what amp you got? what speakers & cables you use etc so it at least stops people asking & you having to tell em everytime, & that of course works both ways!! its better than leaving your lifes philosophies as sigs, now they do bore me!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts