Panasonic CES 2013 Coming Up

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Also struck me that the higher spec ZT and VT ranges start at such large screen sizes, anyone got any thoughts on why this is so? Is it just a reflection on ever increasing TV sizes or an effort on Panasonics part to aim at higher end screens with more profit??

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
strapped for cash said:
So ST is still ST, VT is the new GT, and ZT is the new VT, right? Not sure where the new S (non 3D model) sits in the range. Perhaps Panasonic are getting scrapping the lower specification X & UT ranges.

Looks like VT is VT, & ZT is better than VT.

I think GT was hurting the sales of VT for offering similar quality for a lot less. Panasonic has increased that quality gap.

Sounds like a rebranding exercise to me. Panasonic could easily have stuck with the ST, GT, and VT affixes. Now they've reached the end of the alphabet, there's nowhere left to go. Perhaps they'll go back to A next year to denote something really new...

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Even the ST only goes down to 50". Maybe panasonic feels this is the limit for decent 3d?

That's probably true. 3D on anything less than a 50" screen simply doesn't occupy enough of the viewer's field of vision. Even a 50" screen is arguably on the small side in this regard.

Whatever the competition, Panasonic plasma TVs continue to create the greatest buzz among videophiles each year (at least post-Kuro), as the flurry of posts on here demonstrates.

TRENDING THREADS