D

Deleted member 2457

Link here

http://live.cnet.com/Event/CES_2013_Panasonic_press_conference_live_blog

Is plasma still alive?

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Which model are you buying, if Panasonic officially bows out of plasmas today? ;) http://www.whathifi.com/forum/tvs-and-projectors/upgrade-my-panny-plasma-to?page=1

smiley-laughing.gif
I did think about that the other day. I am going to have to see.
smiley-smile.gif
Hopefully they won't.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
So ST is still ST, VT is the new GT, and ZT is the new VT, right? Not sure where the new S (non 3D model) sits in the range. Perhaps Panasonic are getting scrapping the lower specification X & UT ranges.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Surprised they announced the end of the GT series of plasma...now goes ST, VT then ZT as the flagship plasma. The swipe share looks good too but not so sure about the pen that was demonstrated, could be good but looked more like a gimmick then anything game changing. I see they have adopted Samsungs features from their 2012 tvs so Panasonic 2013 tvs (some of them) now boast cameras built in and face recognition let's just hope they work and are useful which wasn't the case with Samsungs 2012 tvs until a belated update improved the functionality.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
Surprised they announced the end of the GT series of plasma...now goes ST, VT then ZT as the flagship plasma. The swipe share looks good too but not so sure about the pen that was demonstrated, could be good but looked more like a gimmick then anything game changing. I see they have adopted Samsungs features from their 2012 tvs so Panasonic 2013 tvs (some of them) now boast cameras built in and face recognition let's just hope they work and are useful which wasn't the case with Samsungs 2012 tvs until a belated update improved the functionality.

Missed that bit! That looks interesting. Sheet of glass again for the flagship model?

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
That's it??? No details of specs? :doh:

16 new plasma models in total this year.

I'm late to the party, so perhaps missed key information. 16 new plasma models? Are we talking different screen sizes here, or 16 different alphabetic arrangements, each of which is available at various screen sizes? I assume it's not the latter...

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
strapped for cash said:
bigboss said:
That's it??? No details of specs? :doh:

16 new plasma models in total this year.

I'm late to the party, so perhaps missed key information. 16 new plasma models? Are we talking different screen sizes here, or 16 different alphabetic arrangements, each of which is available at various screen sizes? I assume it's not the latter...

16 plasmas spread across the ranges...ST, VT and flagship ZT plus two non 3D plasmas.

D

Deleted member 2457

With no GT model I wonder if this means they are going to be more expensive?

strapped for cash said:
So ST is still ST, VT is the new GT, and ZT is the new VT, right? Not sure where the new S (non 3D model) sits in the range. Perhaps Panasonic are getting scrapping the lower specification X & UT ranges.

Looks like VT is VT, & ZT is better than VT.

I think GT was hurting the sales of VT for offering similar quality for a lot less. Panasonic has increased that quality gap.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
bigboss said:
Which model are you buying, if Panasonic officially bows out of plasmas today? ;) http://www.whathifi.com/forum/tvs-and-projectors/upgrade-my-panny-plasma-to?page=1

smiley-laughing.gif
I did think about that the other day. I am going to have to see.
smiley-smile.gif
Hopefully they won't.

I can keep my wallet in my pocket now - phew.
smiley-smile.gif