panasonic bd310 bitstream or PCM

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,have been trying to play with the settings a bit on pana bd310 and whatever setting I put it on I cant seam to get the little blue light on,on my amp(denon 2310)I have the twin hdmi,one for sound and one for picture connected.

What am I getting wrong?

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
HDMI from BD player into amp then HDMI from monitor out to tv, I'm sure to say let BD player bitstream it to amp so amp decodes sound.

A

Anonymous

Thanks thats how i have set it up ,but still can not get amp to show HD audio light.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
are you sending video direct to your screen with one hdmi and sound to the receiever from hdmi 2? you need to turn off 'video' on hdmi 2.. its a setting somewhere in the menu.. this flumoxed me at the start to.. you might also need to turn off 'secondary audio'

A

Anonymous

I'm confused by the above post and am looking at this player myself. Does this mean you can't use the 2nd output as a dedicated full output? Eg one to the av and one direct to a tv?

A

Anonymous

micks_address said:
are you sending video direct to your screen with one hdmi and sound to the receiever from hdmi 2? you need to turn off 'video' on hdmi 2.. its a setting somewhere in the menu.. this flumoxed me at the start to.. you might also need to turn off 'secondary audio'
Thanks Mick,I have been trying to do this,but when i try to set it,the screen goes blank and the setting stays the same,it must be another setting that I have changed that is doing it I THINK?

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i'm pretty sure you wont get full hd audio on the second output if you use 'video' on the hdmi 2.. this is in regards the bdt300 which i have and is last years model.. this years might be different

MrMagoo said:
I'm confused by the above post and am looking at this player myself. Does this mean you can't use the 2nd output as a dedicated full output? Eg one to the av and one direct to a tv?

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
hi simon, are you definetly using hmdi 1 output to go direct to your tv? strange that the picture would go blank after you changing the settings for hdmi 2.. it might be the case.. i remember it being a headwreck with my bdt300..

i'll see if i can find the manaul online and have a read through.. quick question re the 310.. do you find it noisey playing discs? the 300 makes a fair whir when loading discs.. i'm not sure if its fan noise or just the machine reading the disc.. it settles down a while into the film..

simoncar said:
micks_address said:
Thanks Mick,I have been trying to do this,but when i try to set it,the screen goes blank and the setting stays the same,it must be another setting that I have changed that is doing it I THINK?

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

HDMI 1 to 3D TV.

HDMI 2 to amp with "HDMI(sub) Output Mode" - Video OFF (found in TV/Device Connection menu), "Secondary Audio" OFF (found in Digital Audio Output menu)"

Mine is set to BITSTREAM, letting the amp do the decoding.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

micks_address said:
hi simon, are you definetly using hmdi 1 output to go direct to your tv? strange that the picture would go blank after you changing the settings for hdmi 2.. it might be the case.. i remember it being a headwreck with my bdt300.. i'll see if i can find the manaul online and have a read through.. quick question re the 310.. do you find it noisey playing discs? the 300 makes a fair whir when loading discs.. i'm not sure if its fan noise or just the machine reading the disc.. it settles down a while into the film..

simoncar said:
micks_address said:
Hi Mick,I have no noise or wirring from my 310 player,it is very quiet.

A

Anonymous

stan007 said:
Hi all,

HDMI 1 to 3D TV.

HDMI 2 to amp with "HDMI(sub) Output Mode" - Video OFF (found in TV/Device Connection menu), "Secondary Audio" OFF (found in Digital Audio Output menu)"

Mine is set to BITSTREAM, letting the amp do the decoding.

Hope this helps.
Thanks 007,I have done the same as I did before and for some reason it worked,great thanks.

A

Anonymous

I'd set the audio to lpcm for best compatibility over a range of formats.

TRENDING THREADS