Panasonic 65VT30, better option than a projector?

Muzza

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

When are these out? I have a dark (ish) room so have decided that I will get one of these over an LCD. I will mainly use it for TV so I assume this is a better option than a projector?

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

At about £4.5k I'd get a projector and screen which will give a bigger better picture and is less intrusive when not in use, and a reasonably sized TV for programmes that don't need the massive scale.

How much of your viewing is SD? What's your viewing distance? SD pictures can be too soft (unwatchable at times) when stretched to such large screen sizes. For HD viewing, nothing can beat the experience of a projector.

Muzza

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I suppose SD viewing would be about 50% and distance about 4M. Tricky choice!

bigboss said:
How much of your viewing is SD? What's your viewing distance? SD pictures can be too soft (unwatchable at times) when stretched to such large screen sizes. For HD viewing, nothing can beat the experience of a projector.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
bigboss said:
You should demo SD pictures before buying a projector. If you're happy with it, then a projector is for you!

+1 to that, now i have tried the massive projector and the picture as you say was terrible when it came to SD. However if you have a cinema room seperate from your living room, then I say go for it and only use it for HD

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
For £4.5k, I'd pick up a 42VT30 (or even a 50VT30 if you need a bigger screen) for TV viewing, and a good quality HD projector like the Epson TW4400 (or 550 if you can stretch to it) for movie viewing. As good as a TV is for daytime viewing, it can't hold a match to a decent projector for movies!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts