Panasonic 42PX600, Onkyo SR605 amp, Denon DVD1940, Q Acoustics 1010i surround and Sky+ HD - Best set up please

lazza20

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
Having now had this system installed for nearly a year, I am not convinced that I have the best sound set up. I am currently running HDMI for all components, with the addition of an optical feed from the Sky box to my amp, as I believe 5.1 can't be acheived with HDMI alone. I acheive great results from DVDs, but find I have to turn the sound up quite high. From TV alone, amp needs to be turned up to at least mid 40 - 50 for decent sound from front speakers. I believe I need to look at using alternative connections from my amp to better my sound output, but I can't work out what is best from the manual. Suggestions please.

A

Anonymous

Hiya, i have the onkyo 605 and find i have to have it turned up to at least 50! i have my amp automatically set to 40 when its turned on and if you have 1 source thats quieter that others you can alter in the sound enhancement selection.

I have a similar situation to sound too, i have the panasonic bd35 blu ray and that sounds excellent, where as the sky hd box or my media pc is not as great

A

Anonymous

For TV, my default volume setting is set at 30, which is fine. I've not gone past 40. For movies, it needs to be at least 50, but I usually set it at 60 which is sufficient for a fantastic sound in my hall.

lazza20

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. In answer to one; my room is 21' x 14' a good sized lounge, but this is not the issue. I am looking to find if anyone out there has this amp hooked up with anything other than HDMI, particularly if you wish to listen to SACD then HDMI connection to a CD/DVD player will not produce music through all the channels.

TRENDING THREADS