pairing which speakers with Marantz CD player and Rega Brio Amp?

ontheline

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
any recommendations on speakers to pair with Marantz CD player and Rega Brio amp? looking for the best but not too good considering the CD player and amp isn't exactly top end!

Last edited:

ontheline

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
my budget would be £1000 and my room is small roughly 350cm x 300cm. I have the option of the rega brio amp or my portable mojo2 amp, which would you use for this set up? Im not sure is it worth buying speakers at £1000 considering the rest of the set-up? something quite compact would be nice I reckon! I also have a rega rp1 turntable does the key speakers have a phono input or does the rp1 have a built in phono stage or external so that I can play vinyl through the speakers if I was to choose kef meta

Last edited:
my budget would be £1000 and my room is small roughly 350cm x 300cm. I have the option of the rega brio amp or my portable mojo2 amp, which would you use for this set up? Im not sure is it worth buying speakers at £1000 considering the rest of the set-up? something quite compact would be nice I reckon! I also have a rega rp1 turntable does the key speakers have a phono input or does the rp1 have a built in phono stage or external so that I can play vinyl through the speakers if I was to choose kef meta
You don't need powered speakers if you already have an amplifier. The KEFs are not powered so will not have any sort of inputs.
A bit more research and a visit to a dealership is required I feel.

Integralista

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi, your room is not the smallest and your budget is just fine. Kef ls50 meta will be fitting to your room. Rega Brio is very very good amp. It has no problem to drive Kef ls50 meta. Just this speaker has very high resolution and accept no compromise in setup. You will need excellent source of signal, say some 1500 eur and more. Is not important if digital or analogue. And cables and stands of course. I do not know which CD Marantz you use. Brio is very universal and musical with full sound and also good fast bass in small to mid rooms. I have still Brio 2016 (last model) in my small system. I use them with czech Xavian Delizia small column speakers. Brio works well with Fyne Audio, Cabasse, Dynaudio (like small Emit range - real bargain), Dali, Totem Acoustics, Triangle is also excellent with Rega amps. Something like Dynaudio Emit 10+ stands will work well with Brio in your room. I have had also old Rega Jura speakers. As used, you may get them for 200 -300 eur. They work very well with Brio. BR

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts