Pairing speakers to Cambridge Audio cxa60

J

Jayb01823

Hi all,
I am currently looking at purchasing my first quality stereo system. I have quite an eclectic taste in music so would like something that handle can handle variation. I'm pretty set on the Cambridge Audio cxa60 (unless anyone has other suggestions for the price?) but currently struggling to lock in the speakers. I have narrowed it down to either the B&W 685s2 or the MA Silver 2 but I'm still open to suggestions. I currently just stream my music via chromecast and will use the toslink output when I get the setup. Unfortunately I am not in a position to test any units out as I'm about 3000kms from my nearest hifi store. I'd love to hear some recommendations with regard to pairing this amp? Does anyone on here have the amp and what speaker setup are they using? Would be great to hear any further suggestions? Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance Jayb

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
We'll both speakers are great.At the moment the dynaudio emit 10 are the best in the class.i have the emit 20 which are amazing but unsure whether this will be a good match.the amp is great but streaming from a Chromecast my not be great quality (not to sure as never used it).The emit 10's are very transparent which means they will show any imperfections in your music.

J

Jayb01823

Thanks for reply. I've been looking at the Dynaudio M10 but I think they're a little small for the room. Dynaudio M20s are something I haven't yet properly considered. Just had a quick scan and they look very well reviewed.

Im also not to sure on the chromecast for steaming but I think it has to be better than Bluetooth as it's over wifi and uses an optical cable to connect to the amp. Can anyone suggest better alternatives for digital media?

gasolin

Jayb01823 said:
Thanks for reply. I've been looking at the Dynaudio M10 but I think they're a little small for the room. Dynaudio M20s are something I haven't yet properly considered. Just had a quick scan and they look very well reviewed.

Im also not to sure on the chromecast for steaming but I think it has to be better than Bluetooth as it's over wifi and uses an optical cable to connect to the amp. Can anyone suggest better alternatives for digital media?

The sensitivity of the emit 20 is very low

J

Jayb01823

gasolin said:
Jayb01823 said:

The sensitivity of the emit 20 is very low
How would this effect my setup?

kukulec

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Jayb01823 said:
Hi all,

I am currently looking at purchasing my first quality stereo system. I have quite an eclectic taste in music so would like something that handle can handle variation. I'm pretty set on the Cambridge Audio cxa60 (unless anyone has other suggestions for the price?) but currently struggling to lock in the speakers. I have narrowed it down to either the B&W 685s2 or the MA Silver 2 but I'm still open to suggestions. I currently just stream my music via chromecast and will use the toslink output when I get the setup. Unfortunately I am not in a position to test any units out as I'm about 3000kms from my nearest hifi store. I'd love to hear some recommendations with regard to pairing this amp? Does anyone on here have the amp and what speaker setup are they using? Would be great to hear any further suggestions? Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance Jayb

I heard this amp with Cambridge SX-80 and several Elac floorstanders. I can recommend all of them. I would choose floorstanders.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts