Ortofon VMS Cartridge/Stylus Id

repete

Oct 6, 2022
Visit site
Greetings
Short of complete info on this pair found on a Dual 1226. IOE/II on stylus fails to come up anywhere.
And exactly which cartridge with the rectangular entry? An additional FF 10 XE was included in this find....none tested yet
Thanks!

Attachments

• ort 001.JPG
    ort 001.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 11
  • ort 002.JPG
    ort 002.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 11
  • ort 2 002.JPG
    ort 2 002.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 9
Could be talking rubbish here but google trawling may have revealed I0E/II to possibly be an ADC 10E MkII cartridge dating from around 2002, probably well past its best by now.
Good spot with the numbering, but the ADC body looks completely different I think.

This cartridge looks like an Ortofon VM or earlier FF series, and the stylus is probably a generic/copy replacement. The FF15e would have been contemporary with that Dual I reckon.

Reactions: WayneKerr
Good spot with the numbering, but the ADC body looks completely different I think.

This cartridge looks like an Ortofon VM or earlier FF series, and the stylus is probably a generic/copy replacement. The FF15e would have been contemporary with that Dual I reckon.
Cartridge almost certainly FF15 however no idea as to stylus. Looks like it's cobbled together although there was an FF15 EO Mk2 but no idea if this is it.
Probably well past it's sell-by date regardless.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts