ortofon 2Mblue noise ????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi , I'm really enjoying a 2M BLUE cart but I'm wondering if it's ok as when I even brush the carts body with a finger I get a " shhhhh " through the speakers. rubbing the rb300 arm on the gyrodec gets the same result ??

Is it a very microphonic cart as I hope ? Cos if not it souds like maybe my arm wiring , recently upgraded by audio origami , could be at fault ? I don't think it's effecting the sound though because it's just so damn good . Arguably better than the mid price moving coils ( dynavector , blue point special , AT occ9 ) I've had.[:|]

Thanks .

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
just sounds like you have turned the volume quite high and when changing lp theres a touch of interferance that is heard i bet when the volume is low it is not there. i made this a lot better by running an earth from the fuse board and making sure the the deck,phonostage,amp are all earth well. if you cant upgrade the earth make sure they are all good. and even try removing the earth that can in a strange way sometimes help

A

Anonymous

Cheers for that dude. I've tried all sort earth wise. I'm content if it's normal cos I have to admit I seem to read a fair few posts about faulty 2Ms !

Perhaps Henley can shed some light on this. Your right about the volume but I can hear a noise breakthrough from some where at a fairly realistic level > If I brush the arm or cart with a finger then a shhhhhhhh ,like amplificated friction ( maybe a bad description but what I mean is it's not sounding like electrical interfereance ! ) comes with it .

As soon as the cart is loose from the arm and hangin on the wires then only the touching the cart body makes the noise .The arms silent. I reckon this means the arm wiring earth is ok . agree ? I'll be happy so long as I know I'm not getting worse sound than I should be , if that makes sense ?

Just to add for maybe Henleys thoughts on this. My other carts , Audio Technica OCC 9 . moving coil and denon don,t give this noise out.

( do not buy an AT OCC 9 ML2 no matter what hi fi world say.....it's painful and will take your wallpaper off the walls )

either way smuggs I thankee sir !

There's a lot of 2m Blue owners now so I thought I'd put it up for opinions .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts