Optimal 4k viewing distance

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
is 6.5 feet away from a 55" 4k tv enough to generally see the difference 4k makes? i have good eyesight if that helps! can't really move my sofa anymore forward.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I think there was another- similar - thread where someone said it's when the picture becomes 'immersive'? A 40 degree viewing angle according to THX ...

http://www.thx.com/test-bench-blog/what-size-tv-should-i-buy-tech-tips-from-thx/

So divide the diagonal screen size by 0.84 and view from that distance for the ideal 'immersive' effect. (5 foot 5inches distance in your case.)

I guess that you can now get a lot closer (with 4K content) because of the extra resolution.

If you can't move the sofa nearer to the TV, then move the TV nearer towards the sofa (or get a bigger TV).

Paul.

I could see the difference* on a 48" at 7.2' so I would imagine 6.5' on a 55" would be fine.

*I could tell when daredevil dropped from 2160 to 1080 due to my broadband being on the limit. Not sure if this is an accurate test or not!

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Judging from the problems some seem to have reported, from those here to some 'tech' writers, the best distance for 4K seems to be at arm's length, at least until it actually works properly.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Judging from the problems some seem to have reported, from those here to some 'tech' writers, the best distance for 4K seems to be at arm's length, at least until it actually works properly.
How is yer 22 inch ex Radio Rentals Phillips B&W CRT holding up these days? :)
Our three 4K TVs are all working just fine, but then weget 4K TV on Netflix . Yah boo sucks to be you :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts