OPPO PM3, B&W P7 or B&O QC35?

tele1962

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
As per title, compared the B&W and the QC35 and it for me was close, going to try thr OPPO PM3 as soon as i can?

What do you people think?

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
tele1962 said:
As per title, compared the B&W and the QC35 and it for me was close, going to try thr OPPO PM3 as soon as i can?

What do you people think?

I have found the P7 to be dark and rather colored. Bose (not B&O) has a QC35, which gets its nearly neutral sound from an equalizer built in, in noise canceling mode. In passive mode, it's nowhere near high fidelity (or even mid-fi).

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Owned P7, broke after 3 months, poor design. Tried Bose, similar quality issue, like they came out of a 1970's childrens lucky bag. Oppo - now they are much better thanks. Best of all that I have had are AKG N60, nice quality, brilliant sound, nice build. Sold the Oppo's on ebay, kept the AKG's.

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I agree with the above comments. B&W P7 had too much bass for me, and not enough clarity. Bose QC25 were nice and neutral. AKG N60NC was nice too, maybe not so comfy long term. Oppo PM-3 had a lovely sound but the styling given the price turned me off. Take a look at the Audeze Sines. You can get them for about £380 including the Cypher cable. You might not like them, but they have a nice clear sound, and nice build quality. The supplied soft case is pants though. And they are a bit tight by default.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Leif said:
I agree with the above comments. B&W P7 had too much bass for me, and not enough clarity. Bose QC25 were nice and neutral. AKG N60NC was nice too, maybe not so comfy long term. Oppo PM-3 had a lovely sound but the styling given the price turned me off. Take a look at the Audeze Sines. You can get them for about £380 including the Cypher cable. You might not like them, but they have a nice clear sound, and nice build quality. The supplied soft case is pants though. And they are a bit tight by default.

I agree on the Oppo's - that design looks like it was generated by a George Orwell committee.

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
dalethorn said:
Leif said:

I agree on the Oppo's - that design looks like it was generated by a George Orwell committee.

It's a shame as the PM-1 and PM-2 are lovely styling wise. Staff in Richer Sounds are keen on them, and I suspect not because they want to sell a higher end product.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts