Oppo 203 just brought one

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I’ve never tried I have kept my home cinema separate from my hifi but only using the A-S2100 to run the front L+R channels but they do say the Oppo 203 , 205 are pretty good with music more so with the Oppo 205 has it has a fully balanced connection with XLRs which my Yamaha CD player uses and which I use as well .

Blacksabbath25 said:
I’ve never tried I have kept my home cinema separate from my hifi but only using the A-S2100 to run the front L+R channels but they do say the Oppo 203 , 205 are pretty good with music more so with the Oppo 205 has it has a fully balanced connection with XLRs which my Yamaha CD player uses and which I use as well .
Thanks, bs. Just wonderin’!

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
I should of brought the Oppo 203 from the start it’s one hell of a good player I’ve tried all formats on it tonight no issues it sounds good and picture is brilliant on all formats .

i put on Mery pop ins on standard DVD for my little one tonight and it’s an old film but the picture was great for a dvd I was shocked and then I tried Jaws on blu-ray it was like it was filmed yesterday and it’s a 70s film .

the player was very easy to setup I plugged the internet lead in the back of it when I first got it and it found my network without me doing anything and it just started to update the firmware and that was it I was watching films without any issues .

i recommended the Oppo 203 to anyone it’s just the price tag is a bit high but you get what you pay for I think because it’s pure quality player that does the job I am very pleased with it .

Glad you are pleased with it. Did'nt think that there was such a significant stepup in video performance over the sony, till you mentioned it. Enjoy your discs :)

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
newlash09 said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
I should of brought the Oppo 203 from the start it’s one hell of a good player I’ve tried all formats on it tonight no issues it sounds good and picture is brilliant on all formats .

i put on Mery pop ins on standard DVD for my little one tonight and it’s an old film but the picture was great for a dvd I was shocked and then I tried Jaws on blu-ray it was like it was filmed yesterday and it’s a 70s film .

the player was very easy to setup I plugged the internet lead in the back of it when I first got it and it found my network without me doing anything and it just started to update the firmware and that was it I was watching films without any issues .

i recommended the Oppo 203 to anyone it’s just the price tag is a bit high but you get what you pay for I think because it’s pure quality player that does the job I am very pleased with it .

Glad you are pleased with it. Did'nt think that there was such a significant stepup in video performance over the sony, till you mentioned it. Enjoy your discs :)
loads better worth every penny mate its played everything without any issues unlike the sony

I found the old 103 to be pretty comparable to an Audiolab 8200CD that was available around the same time. Admittedly, they both used Sabre ESS DACs, so there’s bound to be some similarities, but I found them pretty close, with the 8200 just edging it when comparing a few CDs, but hardly an issue when taking into account the extra formats it plays.

TRENDING THREADS