Oppo 203 just brought one

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
macdiddy said:
thanks I think your right on uk prices I phoned richer sounds up they will only more on price if I buy something else with the Oppo 203

the link you gave is one from the USA which would be a multi region player for less money then the uk but I would have to pay import duty which would bring the price up to uk prices .

the only positive with the USA one would be it’s mult region at the standard price that the uk changes for a standard player that’s not multi region which the uk changes more for a modded player .

it looks like I’ve got to pay the full price if I want one .

jjbomber

Blacksabbath25 said:
ok looking for the cheapest price for a Oppo 203 have roughly looked around the internet but no one seems to budge of £650 if I could find one for £600 I would be happy with that .

The retaillers don't have such a high mark-up with Oppo compared to other brands, so that is why you seldom see them marked down. It is also why quite a few stores don't stock them. On the other hand, it is also why their second hand prices remain so high.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
bigboss said:
Speak to David @ Little Audio Company.
I did big boss already I phoned him this morning but I think David would struggle to get one under £649 as well and to be honest I had no player since taking the Sony back so wanted to get something sorted out fast so I went and brought one .

D

Deleted member 2457

Frank Harvey and Al give the best discounts on the Oppos.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I THINK all 4K BDs are region free anyway and most manufacturers gave up "region-ing" regular BDPs and DVDPs some time ago.
no the uk version of the Oppo 203 will only play uk Pal formats but there is a bit of software you can download from the un-official Oppo website so I was told you just download it on to CD-ROM and then put CD-ROM disc into the Oppo which then turns the player into multi region but weather this is true I do not no but that is what I was told .

but the USA version of the Oppo 203 comes standard with the software to play multi region which is odd that the uk version is not the same as the USA version .

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I THINK all 4K BDs are region free anyway and most manufacturers gave up "region-ing" regular BDPs and DVDPs some time ago.

All 4K bd's are region free however some standard bd's are region free and some are region locked, lionsgate for example lock their bd's.

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I have had no issues with this player plus it plays all my SACDs and DVDaudios. Maybe my 43 Inch Sony Telly is not quite up to spec on the HDR front but all the youtube 4K formats look spectacular, just a shame most of 4K blurays are fake if you check the site real or fake 4k!!!

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Well most of the blu-rays And 4k films I buy of amazon have the U.S coping warnings from the federal government which are regional free copy’s so I’ve kind of confused myself here as it used to be regions 0 , 1 ,2 3 what I remember .

but there differences between the U.S Oppo 203 which is multi And the UK version which is not as I’ve seen the mod version £745 and the standard version at £649 http://petertyson.co.uk/index.php/oppo-udp-203-multi-region-4k-uhd-blu-ray-player.html?gcpc&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1JbPBRCrARIsAOKj2PnEUfbvmUUGY-CTuoRzLCS1dpV7khvE6PmJ0GujoyuxBsNkW06Q2hYaAjhOEALw_wcB

and standard version.... https://www.richersounds.com/oppo-uhd-blu-ray-player.html

Samd

Blacksabbath25 said:
Well most of the blu-rays And 4k films I buy of amazon have the U.S coping warnings from the federal government which are regional free copy’s so I’ve kind of confused myself here as it used to be regions 0 , 1 ,2 3 what I remember .

but there differences between the U.S Oppo 203 which is multi And the UK version which is not as I’ve seen the mod version £745 and the standard version at £649 http://petertyson.co.uk/index.php/oppo-udp-203-multi-region-4k-uhd-blu-ray-player.html?gcpc&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1JbPBRCrARIsAOKj2PnEUfbvmUUGY-CTuoRzLCS1dpV7khvE6PmJ0GujoyuxBsNkW06Q2hYaAjhOEALw_wcB

and standard version.... https://www.richersounds.com/oppo-uhd-blu-ray-player.html

..for BD which is roughly West for A, B is middle earth and C is east. 0 to 7 for DVD

This from Oppo UK site:

What DVD region and Blu-ray zone are OPPO Players? The EU models players are zone “B” for Blu-ray and region 2 for DVD.

Almost non-event though as most BD and many DVD (discs themselves) are region-free?

Samd said:
Almost non-event though as most BD and many DVD (discs themselves) are region-free?

Depends. There are a few US only region locked releases, if you're interested in them. Also, many people prefer to import discs from the US if they're released early there or are significantly cheaper. In that case, better to confirm if the blu ray is region locked or not.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
bigboss said:
Samd said:

Depends. There are a few US only region locked releases, if you're interested in them. Also, many people prefer to import discs from the US if they're released early there or are significantly cheaper. In that case, better to confirm if the blu ray is region locked or not.
the uk Oppo is locked unless you buy the unlocked Oppo for £750 but I was told on the unofficial Oppo site you can download the unlock software

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I should of brought the Oppo 203 from the start it’s one hell of a good player I’ve tried all formats on it tonight no issues it sounds good and picture is brilliant on all formats .

i put on Mery pop ins on standard DVD for my little one tonight and it’s an old film but the picture was great for a dvd I was shocked and then I tried Jaws on blu-ray it was like it was filmed yesterday and it’s a 70s film .

the player was very easy to setup I plugged the internet lead in the back of it when I first got it and it found my network without me doing anything and it just started to update the firmware and that was it I was watching films without any issues .

i recommended the Oppo 203 to anyone it’s just the price tag is a bit high but you get what you pay for I think because it’s pure quality player that does the job I am very pleased with it .

Blacksabbath25 said:
bigboss said:
Samd said:

the uk Oppo is locked unless you buy the unlocked Oppo for £750 but I was told on the unofficial Oppo site you can download the unlock software 
DVD region locks can be unlocked by software, but blu ray region locks require a hardware modification (hence about £100 more expensive).

You can do it yourself if you want:

http://bluraychip.dk/product.php?id_product=31

bigboss said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
bigboss said:
Samd said:

DVD region locks can be unlocked by software, but blu ray region locks require a hardware modification (hence about £100 more expensive).

You can do it yourself if you want:

http://bluraychip.dk/product.php?id_product=31
Far cheaper and simple if you do it yourself.

D

Deleted member 2457

Return it to Richer Sounds and buy the multi-region one instead.

D

Deleted member 2457

Have you got this yet?

https://www.base.com/buy/product/planet-earth-ii-4k-uhd-blu-ray-blu-ray/dgc-bbcuhd0397.htm?1=1&awc=2694_1508314463_fa53156beeb88fa3f51d81c2450417de

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
gel said:
Return it to Richer Sounds and buy the multi-region one instead.
hi gel

I got a Oppo 203 yesterday from richer sounds and I am very pleased with it I am glad I brought one miles better then the Sony X800

I am not bothered by multi region I have no films that are from the USA anyway I just mentioned about the software upgrade you can download if anyone didn’t no about it

I’ve just watched John wick 2 on blu-ray and the picture quality was amazing I do not see much point in buying it on 4k to be honest there’s not much in it between the 2 formats .

D

Deleted member 2457

Nice one.
thumbs_up.png

TRENDING THREADS