Onkyo TX-SR606 & MS Mezzo 2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and a novice at setting up a home cinema system. I need your advice, on whether I could pair Onkyo 606 with a couple of MS Mezzo 2 speakers. I don't have enough space to go for a full-fledged 5.1 system, but I would definitely like to keep my options open, just in case. To begin with I want to have something like a 2.1 system.

Or do you think, it's better to go for a 2.1 HTiB like Denon's S-102 or Onkyo's LS-V501.

Your expert advice would be greatly appreciated!

A

Anonymous

I would go with your first option as it will leave you plenty of options for upgrades, the onkyo has great connectivity and feature count for the money including hd audio decoding and should last you for years. I would consider getting the mezzo centre aswell and operating a 3.1 system until you can afford to add surrounds for 5.1. I find the centre speaker really important in a home cinema as it makes the dialogue sound as though its coming from the actors mouth as oposed to coming at you from allover the room in stereo.

I would avoid the onebox solutions you mention, i think one box systems are allways a letdown next to proper seperates systems and they dont give very good stereo music performance

TRENDING THREADS