Onkyo TX-SR600 for £100 worth it???

andyh

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Hello

I have been offered this amp for £100 is this a good price even though it is a few years old now?

Or would I be better of getting something like the TX-SR506 for £200.

I would only be using the amp for home cinema use, as I have a seperate Hi-Fi system.

Any comment would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
High andyh, in my opinion the answer to both of your questions is an easy NO, If, as you say you can afford the (outdated) TX-SR506 for £200, you would be far better off looking a the Sony STR-DG820, can be got for as little as £230 + free delivery

This amp can handle all the new HD Audio codecs, 4 HDMI, it got a 5 Star here recently etc, etc..........its a no brainer.................

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Torres09:
High andyh, in my opinion the answer to both of your questions is an easy NO, If, as you say you can afford the (outdated) TX-SR506 for £200, you would be far better off looking a the Sony STR-DG820, can be got for as little as £230 + free delivery

This amp can handle all the new HD Audio codecs, 4 HDMI, it got a 5 Star here recently etc, etc..........its a no brainer.................

I agree with my team mate. Or, if you are not bothered about HD audio through hdmi with Bluray, you won't beat this amp for the money. If you do get a Bluray player, you can still get HD audio through the amp if the player has multi channel out.

http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct_clearancebargains&pid=SONY-STRDA1200

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
andyh:Thanks for your advice, I have a PS3 would the sony still be a good option?

You wouldn't get HD audio with the 1200es and the PS3 - as the PS3 doesn't have analogue audio input. The Sony STR-DG820 that Torres mentioned will work with the PS3 and is a much better option than the Onkyo.

A

Anonymous

Have a look at the Onkyo tx-sr576 which can be had for less than £200 from Superfi . It`s an ideal match for the PS3.

TRENDING THREADS