Onkyo TX-SR505 - Display not working, feature or broken?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey there,

I get your your magazine weekly - great magazine! Anyway I thought you would be the best people to ask.

My onkyo TX-SR505 display stopped working about 4 months ago, but I lived with it (yeah, sadly enough i know all the controls back to front :p)

But I think I may have pressed a pwoer saving feature on or something, but I cant find out how to put it back on! Maybe someone from here can enlighten me.

Thank you :)

A

Anonymous

I don't have on Onkyo to hand to test, and I've never used the function on an Onkyo but the first thing to try would be to press the dimmer button. Most receivers just have bright and dim but does the Onkyo have a display off function?

Other than this I can only guess the receiver is broken. I'm sorry I can be of no more help!ÿ

A

Anonymous

Oh,it's definately not dimmed. It just wont turn on at all. I liturally have tried everything apart from restore it too factory settings (scared that if I do so, even if it doesnt fix - my settings will be gone)

Shame, it's out of warranty and as I'm only 15 years old - I don't have money to buy a new one :(

A

Anonymous

Hmm, it's not on pure audio because as far as I can remember, with pure audio the blue light shows - and it doesn't.

A

Anonymous

Oh damn - I can't send it back either.

Any possible fix then?

Thanks

P.S: I mean monthly :p

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Either that or continue using it as you have done. If you've used it no problems for 4 months without any issues, what's stopping you carrying on using it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts