Onkyo TX-NR905 HDMI board failure

cwalduck

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
[size=3 face=Calibri>

[size=3 face=Calibri>I have a Onkyo TX-NR905 purchased in November 2008 from RicherSounds and for the first time in my life I took out the 5 year Warrantee (lucky for me). After nearly 2 years of faultless use the HDMI board failed in July 2010, RicherSounds were true to their warrantee gave me a loan unit and got my 905 repaired at GenServe (onkyo’s service partner). All was well until last Saturday the HDMI board has stopped working again.

[size=3>I have a Onkyo TX-NR905 purchased in November 2008 from RicherSounds and for the first time in my life I took out the 5 year Warrantee (lucky for me). After nearly 2 years of faultless use the HDMI board failed in July 2010, RicherSounds were true to their warrantee gave me a loan unit and got my 905 repaired at GenServe (onkyo’s service partner). All was well until last Saturday the HDMI board has stopped working again.[/size=3>

cwalduck

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Well had a loan amp from RS onk 508 (found sound really lispy and lacking depth) was really looking forward to getting my amp back, good news RS call yesterday to say amp was back from repair.

Plugged amp in this evening turned it on display was showing headphone symbol no phones plugged in
smiley-surprised.gif
no sound.

Turned amp off and on display stopped displaying headphone symbol
smiley-smile.gif
pressed test tone on the remote to check speakers were connected correctly........ mains hum from rear surrounds no sound from the other speakers
smiley-frown.gif

Factory reset applied still no joy..... plugged in analogue source and changed speaker so only stereo pair connected still no sound.

Going to RS again tomorrow......
smiley-yell.gif
ARGH!

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
The HDMI boards in many of the '05 and '06 range of the Onkyo's range were faulty. I have also read of many dissatisfied Genserve customers. I think that now you are within your rights to reject the unit as they have had a realistic number of attempts to rectify the fault.Read the terms of your warranty carefully.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts