Onkyo pink/green lines

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi my Onky tx-nr905 which has worked fault free for over 3 years is sometimes displaying pink and green line on the tv screen, the Onkyo logo and menu still displays when switched on.

from various forums i have looked on it would appear that the HDMI board is failing, and genserve have quoted an approx cost of £500.

Has any one else experanced this and has any one been able to repair for a reasonable cost.

Im quite handy with a soldering iron so if some one can piont me in the right direction i would be willing to attempt a repair myself.

thanks

A

Anonymous

I had exactly the same problem with the same receiver. Me too it was after 3 years.

At first I thought the receiver was overheating. I disconnected the power for an hour or two and then it worked. But over time it got worse and worse to the point where I just bought a new receiver. I live in Hong Kong so I don't know how much they would charge to fix the HDMI board but I figured it would cost at least US$200-300.

Once I read the reviews on the Pioneer LX55 I bought it and so far pretty happy with it. Doesn't have the same power as the Onkyo but the sound is still very good and it has 7 HDMI inputs and a lot more connectivity options with Apple devices and for integrating with my NAS. And in Hong Kong it was selling for US$930 so I just went for that instead.

Now I am not sure what to do with the Onkyo. Not sure its worth anything now that the HDMI board is toast.

A

Anonymous

Hi Big chris, when you say "processor" what exactly do you mean ? and what would you recomend ?

TRENDING THREADS