ONKYO TX-SR875 Receiver amplifier damaged!! who is respossible? what rights do i have?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Richer Sounds to the rescue
emotion-21.gif
emotion-21.gif
emotion-21.gif

When I re-opened this post I said I would keep other forum users posted so it may help someone else in a similar situation, so here goes..

When another forum member 'Canada16' said 'John is the man' he wasnt joking - 20 minutes after forwarding my details John rang me to get the ball rolling in sorting my problem !

After a couple of calls Johns' colleague Tom rang to say he was overseeing the resolution as John was constantly travelling due to work and wanted this sorted asap with full commitment from Richer sounds. At 6.10 that evening when most people are thinking about what to make for dinner Tom rang me to apologise for not having it sorted that day (thats work commitment for you) but I told him not to panic as the other parties involved had taken over two months so far with no results.

Tom keep me posted on what was happening and a very pleasant chap Matt from the Richer Sounds Belfast store also rang to tell me he would be keeping me informed on what was happening on this side of the water .

The following day Matt from the Belfast store rang to tell me that Genserve had offered a Graded 708 in exchange for my 875 which I declined. Later that afternoon Tom rang me back to tell me that having mediated a deal between themselves and Onkyo, Richer sounds were offering a Full refund of the purchase price - I was over the moon, I didnt want a refurb unit or sumthin that I wouldnt be happy with so this left my options open to make my own decision. Ten minutes later Matt from Belfast rang to confirm the good news and we arranged to meet the next morning to discuss choosing a new amp.

Saturday morning bright and early I drove to Belfast and met Matt and the rest of the friendly bunch in the store and started to demo some amps to narrow my decision, I kid you not, these guys bent over backwards to help, swapping amps and speakers and giving their honest personal opinions on the products. We even had time for a quiet chat amongst ourselves to try and figure out who had given me the 'push off' on the phone originally, but to no avail, I guess I just hit someone on a bad day, something we are all guilty of now and again !

Eventually I settled for a Pioneer SC-LX73 which they gave me at a cracking good price, paid the difference, thanked all the guys for their help and drove home happy as can be with the saga finally over.

To be honest this episode restored my faith in the system, when I thought all hope was lost and legal proceedings was my only answer Richer Sounds stepped up to the mark and delivered a service to be envied by others, John and Tom beavered away in the background to make things happen very very quickly and in Belfast Matt and Kenny provided top service and advice for the customer.

I'm sorry if this post is a bit long winded but I feel too many of us are guilty of complaining on a forum but not acknowledging a company enough for doing a good deed for one of their customers..........

A final big thank you to Richer Sounds, you have been a lifesaver.

Thank you John.

A happy ending.................................

A

Anonymous

Absolutely ! Its been a nightmare but thankfully its over, John really did pull out all the stops with this to make sure it was sorted...

TRENDING THREADS