onkyo to naim

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
looking to connect my onkyo 875 reciever to my naim 122 pre amp so i can get rid of 1 pair of speakers will this effect the sound quality i have now by connecting this way. currently using kef iq7 for front speakers and using neat motive 2 on naim so will be ditching kef iq7s.connection will be chord crimson.will eventually be upgrading centre speaker to neat variety but for time being will be keeping kef iq6 and iq5s at rear

A

Anonymous

In this kind of set up the receiver becomes a preamp for the front two speakers, the signal then being passed on through the pre-outs to be amplified. You'll need an integrated or a power amp if you want to do this.

A

Anonymous

i have a naim 150 power amp connected up in my system along side 122 pre amp cd5x cd player and flat cap 2x power supply

A

Anonymous

That's fine then, I can tell a difference with my Naim amp powering the front speakers and my receiver powering the rest - though in my opinion as long as the timbre is correct it only adds to the experience.

A

Anonymous

Octopo:That's fine then, I can tell a difference with my Naim amp powering the front speakers and my receiver powering the rest - though in my opinion as long as the timbre is correct it only adds to the experience.

adds to the experience in a good way ? can you still set up using audussy when connected this way ? will the onkyo automaticlly pick up that the speakers are connected in this way ?

A

Anonymous

In a very good way, and yes the microphone hears whatever comes out of the speakers.

A

Anonymous

octopo which input do you plug your reciever into on naim and how to you get unity gain to work so i can control the volume via onkyo

TRENDING THREADS