Onkyo A-9010 internal DAC vs external DAC

Hi everybody,
I have a Mac Mini late 2011 with apaired with the iFi Nano iDSD DAC/ iCAN: the iFI Nano iDSD has the coaxial cable plugged into the Onkyo A-9010 (which has the internal DAC Wolfson WM8718 that unfortunately is not able to play any DSD files...); the Onkyo amp drives a pair of lovely B&W speakers.What can I do in order to exclude the Onkyo A-9010 internal DAC and use only my beloved iDSD Nano (which is my primary DAC)?Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks Fab

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Fabrizio Magoni said:
What can I do in order to exclude the Onkyo A-9010 internal DAC and use only my beloved iDSD Nano (which is my primary DAC)?

Connect the analogue outputs of the iDSD to a spare analogue input on the Onkyo, such as CD (if you're not using it), tuner or aux, and you're done. Those inputs don't go anywhere the amp's internal DAC.

spiny norman said:
Fabrizio Magoni said:
What can I do in order to exclude the Onkyo A-9010 internal DAC and use only my beloved iDSD Nano (which is my primary DAC)?

Connect the analogue outputs of the iDSD to a spare analogue input on the Onkyo, such as CD (if you're not using it), tuner or aux, and you're done. Those inputs don't go anywhere the amp's internal DAC.

Simples! +1

TRENDING THREADS