Onkyo 876 remote control

AdrianCoates

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi - I've recently moved house and since moving the remote control to my Onkyo 876 is playing up.

The only function that works is the volume control - I can't use any of the other buttons including on/off or input channel select - anyone experienced this before or know how to fix it?

Also - the front flap won't close so any help would be appreciated

thanks
AC

swuk37

Feb 26, 2009
Visit site
have you tried carefully taking the remote control apart and cleaning it with something like electrical solvent cleaner? i used this when my onkyo 806 remote started playing up and it did the trick!

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Can't help with thr front flap: sounds like it may have got knocked out of alignment, so you might want to contact Onkyo to see whether there's a simple fix.

re the remote, are you sure it's not just that a button has been pressed taking the remote out of receiver mode? Try pressing the 'receiver' button on the remote and see whether that solves the problem.

Joe10155

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
I think that Spiny Norman is on the right track regarding the remote settings; as it's easy to press the wrong button, I did the same thing for my Humax freesat remote and spent quite a long time cursing it for not working, until I noticed that it was set for TV and not Sat operation :oops:

I'm guessing that you mean the flap on the front of the receiver as my remote does not have a flap on it. I broke mine when manovering it into position in the cabinet when it was brand new:doh: I tried to lift it holding it under the front and rear of the unit instead of under each side. It's much too heavy and the plastic bearing wheel broke away on the right hand side, which also has the "catch" on it. It may just be that the catch has broken it does seem rather fragile. I've just had another look at mine and it appears that the catch was held in place by a small plastic lipping which has broken off letting the catch and spring escape. Not good news really if this is the case.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts