ONKYO 875 or Marantz SR8002?????????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone tell me why marantz Sr8002 is more expensive than Onkyo 875??? I can't see any major differences if so Onkyo looks to be better!!! please respond and what speakers wpuld you recommend for onkyo 875 and marantz sr8002. We are looking for about 1000 for a speakers with woofer!!! HELP!!!!:):)

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Well for one, the SR8002 has two HDMI outputs compared to the 875's one which might be crucial for some people e.g. those wanting to run TV and HD projector. But it's mostly down to the components used inside each amp and also finally, how Marantz and Onkyo have decided to price it. Remember, it's not all down to specs as well - have you actually compared the two to see which one actually sounds better?
On the speaker side, are you looking at style packages or are traditional speaker packages (i.e. those with bigger boxes) okay and how much does music come into your listening needs?

A

Anonymous

I Listen to music a lot so that is mainly what it will be used for but I would like to be able to watch movies on it in good quality at the same time. I am looking rather for standard speakers!! Are floorstand speakers sound better than small ones?? So what speakers would you recommend for Onkyo 875? 1000-1200£ I am prepared to spend on them. Thank You!!

A

Anonymous

I Listen to music a lot so that is mainly what it will be used for but I would like to be able to watch movies on it in good quality at the same time. I am looking rather for standard speakers!! Are floorstand speakers sound better than small ones?? So what speakers would you recommend for Onkyo 875? 1000-1200£ I am prepared to spend on them. Thank You!!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Indeed it is, I have one (well almost M1 rears instead of 684s) and it's an excellent home cinema system. Before I can recommend it heartily though, they need an audition to make sure they work for you musically as, from other forum posts I've seen, they're not to everyone's tastes.
Maciek - Floorstanding speakers aren't necessarily better than stand mount speakers, but either is definitely better than a style package at the same price range like the Bose (if this is what you're meaning by small speakers?). Whether you go for floorstanders or stand mounts really depends on your room size. At that budget, definitely check out the B&W 685 Home Theatre for a stand mount system or the Monitor Audio BR5 package for a floorstanding package.
NB - these are just a couple of suggestions, there's a wealth of choice out there around this price!

TRENDING THREADS