Onkyo 875 £200 cheaper if buy silver!?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having just found a retailer that is selling the silver version of the Onkyo 875 for £799 and the black for £999 I'm left to wonder why on earth a difference in colour would be worth £200?

Am I missing something?

A

Anonymous

The black ones sound better. In a dark way.

Why don't you call and ask them?

A

Anonymous

I know it is crazy stuff isn't it?! It's probably cos silver is 'out' of the mo and 'black' is the in thing. But on that note...I wouldn't hesitate to get a silver one even though it will stand out like yellow snow, as they say, on my equipment rack!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Got the same offer on the 905, not sure why everyone thinks Onkyo's (and silver Onkyo's in particular) look so bad - mine looks great under my TV in my opinion! Anyone who pays £200 more for black though has more money than sense in my mind!

A

Anonymous

I think the silver onkyo,s look better than the black ones actually, but i do think the onyos are a bit ugly. I think they missed the boat when they broght the new models out by not giving them a facelift and a more apealing look.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Aeis:
Having just found a retailer that is selling the silver version of the Onkyo 875 for £799 and the black for £999 I'm left to wonder why on earth a difference in colour would be worth £200?

Am I missing something?

First rule of economics; supply and demand. Everyone seems to have listened to Amy Winehouse and gone back to black. I hear what people are saying and no, I wouldn't pay £200 extra for a black one - it would stop me buying that model though and going for a cheaper one in black. I sent back a Pioneer stereo amp last year because it was grey and not as specified, black.

A

Anonymous

£200 less!!!! Do you think Audio Excellence will refund me the difference? ha-ha!

But seriously, silver or black.......... my Onk is still butt ugly! :)

A

Anonymous

I picked up a black one from Richer Sounds on Saturday for £799. They did a price match for me as Peter Tyson are selling for that price now. Richer Sounds in Ireland have been selling both black and silver at £799 for a little while now but UK stores wouldn't price match their Irland franchise. I was very pleased that I did a quick price check on Saturday morning before going to collect the amp I had reserved at my local RS store. Easy set up once I realised I had plugged the subwoofer into the "sub in" rather than "sub out" connection and the auto calibration worked great.

A

Anonymous

I nearly bought my black 875 from Richer Sounds for ?1030 (£799) until Munster Sounds (in Cork - used to be Richer Sounds until RS in the Republic went belly up) sold it to me for slightly less to go with my Monitor RS6-AV system - on which they undercut RS by ?400 and gave me full manufacturer's warranty rather than Richer Sounds' 1 year warranty.

They also agreed to free delivery...

emotion-11.gif

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Mark Ellis:
I nearly bought my black 875 from Richer Sounds for ?1030 (£799) until Munster Sounds (in Cork - used to be Richer Sounds until RS in the Republic went belly up) sold it to me for slightly less to go with my Monitor RS6-AV system - on which they undercut RS by ?400 and gave me full manufacturer's warranty rather than Richer Sounds' 1 year warranty.

They also agreed to free delivery...

emotion-11.gif

The luck of the Irish! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts