onkyo 805, any advice?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i am now in the position to buy either the 805 or the 875 receivers. Ive read the specs on both but would appreciate any advice on either. Is the £200 difference in price warranted? (i could put the £200 difference towards a decent blu ray player?)Is the 805 as good with music?How much space do they need above them? Which one would you buy? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

tommyb

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Depends what you were thinking of paying for the 805! I've been ringing around and ;

875 : £850 from HiFix over the phone until end of Jan

875 : £900 from Creative Audio over the phone till end of Jan

875 : £900 from Superfi over the phone till end of Feb

Well worth ringing around! If you were prepared to pay the RRP of £799 for the 805 then all of a sudden there isn't as much of a jump to the 875. Having said that - all retailers above have also discounted the 805 cost from £799 to various amounts - so get on the blower mate!
emotion-2.gif

nads

I would say the main thing to ask your self is do you need the upscaling chip? there are a few other differences but that is the main one. Manuals can be downloaded from onkyo, in fact it is the same manual for the 805 and the 875.

8" clearance is what it says.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="mark2"]i am now in the position to buy either the 805 or the 875 receivers. Ive read the specs on both but would appreciate any advice on either. Is the £200 difference in price warranted?[/quote]

Bite the

and buy the 875. You really won't regret it.

A

Anonymous

thanks guys, got a good offer from local hifi dealer of £820 for the 875 so i'll be paying a visit nice and early tomorrow morning. Just a quick question tho pls? Ive read all the reviews on it and how hot it runs. Does it honestly need 8" gap above it? At present, my glass av rack shelf height is 200mm and the 875 is 194mm high. Im sure i can get some sort of spacers to raise the height of the shelf...... But 8"?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, as often mentioned on here, ours sits on an open Atacama Equinox AV - ie nothing either side of it, and open front and back - with the next shelf about 3in above, and has so far performed faultlessly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts