Onkyo 609 starter questions

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi - just got my 609 delivered and have a few questions if there are any veterans of it out there. Am I right in thinking you cant have the OSD menus on the TV when the TV itself is the input to the machine? Also has anyone figured out a fudge for the fact that zone 2 takes only analog? I dont need true zone 2 - I just feed a 4-way speaker switch (like a front B) but the analog only is a pain. Wondered whether I could connect it to the front speaker input terminals or the 7.1 speaker inputs (and choose all channels stereo) to feed the 4-way with digital sources? Finally my Tannoy subwoofer seemed to happily go into standby with my now retired Yamaha box. But plugged into the Onkyo the light stays green always and not red (standby) - even when the box is off. Any experience there... questions, questions.. and any and all anwers appreciated. thx. Steve

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi Steve, I assume you have the 609 coneected to tv connected to moniter out via Hdmi ? If you have you should be able to just push set up and all your menus will come up! This will only work if you are using the 609 not a external source for example mine is coneected to my TV hdmi 4 but if I am just watching tv with sound going through amp then it won't work.

A

Anonymous

Ian thats what I mean - its not possible to have setup OSD come up on the TV screen if you are just watching TV? The TV is connected by HDMI to the 609 (using the output which includes ARC so I dont need to connect the optical cable too)... thx Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts