Onkyo 606 Through Signal

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just ordered the Panasonic DMP-BD85 and am just curious as to if i should connect the player directly to my TV via HDMI or put it through my Onkyo 606 on the through setting?

Am i wrong in being concerned that the Onkyo through setting may somehow diminish the quality of the picture from the player as opposed to going directly in to the Tv?

audiowizard

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I dont have the Onkyo 606, but im pretty sure if you connect your player via your reciever you wont lose any picture quality. The picture being sent by the Panny is at its highest resolution anyway, so it shouldnt alter the picture in anyway. There must be some sort of setting within the onkyo for picture settings that you can turn on or of, thats just a guess.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
nads:

not 100% correct as the player will decode and output via its 8 channel audio out.

http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Panasonic-DMP-BD85/Specs/

Well..... Er..... Yeah.... But it saves faffing about.
emotion-10.gif

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
I run my BD35 at 1080p via my Onkyo 606 with hdmi set to through and the picture is unaffected.

If your audio is all handled by the Onkyo 606 this is the only way to get all the HD sound to the 606 for it to decode.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I have always felt that it is better to connect the player directly to the TV, that way there is no chance of the amp interfering with the pic quality.

Use the analogue audio outs for HD sound

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
digigriffin:

I run my BD35 at 1080p via my Onkyo 606 with hdmi set to through and the picture is unaffected.

If your audio is all handled by the Onkyo 606 this is the only way to get all the HD sound to the 606 for it to decode.

We are talking about a BD85 not a 35. The 85 has analogue outs

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
So using the analog outs to the multi channel in on the onkyo 606?

As you say this will work but thats 5 addtional cables?

Would this have have any discernable benefit over decoding on the 606 from the hdmi?

I just use the one hdmi in on the TV and the 606 handles all inputs and sound.

nads

digigriffin:
So using the analog outs to the multi channel in on the onkyo 606?

As you say this will work but thats 5 addtional cables?

Would this have have any discernable benefit over decoding on the 606 from the hdmi?

I just use the one hdmi in on the TV and the 606 handles all inputs and sound.

3 or 4 more pairs of cables. depends on the speaker set up. the difference comes down to the decoding by the player or the Amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts