Onkyo 605 & Tannoy Custom F1 5.1 Package

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm about to order an Onkyo TXSR605E and Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom 5.1 Speaker system. The package includes a "MC centre speaker" (according to SuperFi and others). I would like to know what the differences are between the MC and FC centre-speakers? If I have the FC do I need the MC?

Also my living/dining room is open plan measuring approximately 7.5M x 4M with enclosed stairs in the corner. Would the Tannoy TS12 sub be too big for this space. Would I be better off going for the TS10?

Also, can anyone recommend cable and plugs, etc. for this set-up please?

I've also read a little about how home cinema audio system are not too good at reproducing audio CDs. I listen to a lot of music, so just how bad can I expect it to be in this system?

TIA

Andrew

A

Anonymous

[quote user="andrewhirst"] I've also read a little about how home cinema audio system are not too good at reproducing audio CDs. I listen to a lot of music, so just how bad can I expect it to be in this system?
[/quote]

I can't say as to your other questions.... but based on my experience with the Onkyo 605 and a pair of KEF's - I would expect CD audio quality to be VERY GOOD, so don't worry, it sounds like you'll be very pleasantly suprised on this front.

I seriously considered the Tannoy setup, and I've read quite a few good reports about the system - be sure to let everyone know what you think when you get it all setup.

(OOH - passing thought - make sure you buy some good speaker stands!!!!!)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="LondonBen"]
expect CD audio quality to be VERY GOOD[/quote]

Thanks Ben. That is good news :)

[quote user="LondonBen"]
OOH - passing thought - make sure you buy some good speaker stands!!!!!
[/quote]

What should I be looking for in terms of speaker stands? I was hoping to rind something a bit rustic to match my house (once I move in) but the ones I've seen all seem hi-tech.

As far as the MC or FC issues goes, turns out it's a typo.

Thanks for the help.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="andrewhirst"]What should I be looking for in terms of speaker stands? I was hoping to rind something a bit rustic to match my house (once I move in) but the ones I've seen all seem hi-tech.[/quote]

Hifiracks do some great-looking oak ones, but being hand-made of wood they're not exactly budget-priced.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts