Q Acoustics Q7000i or Dali ZENSOR 1 5.1

wswan12

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, new to site so firstly hello!

I currently have the Logitech Z5500d in my lounge connected to me TV, Blu Ray player, Xbox etc but I have had these for years now since they first come out so i fancy a change and upgrade...! Please bear with me, I am a bit of newbe to all of this....
I am looking to spend around £1000-1200 on a new system, and want to go for a dedicated Amp and 5.1 speaker package. After doing research I have narrowed it down to 2 front runners - but am open to suggestions! These are - and my concerns (with the speakers, not the amp):

DENON AVRX2000 & Q Acoustics Q7000i

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/home-cinema-separates-bundle-deals/pah01156

My concerns: This system looks physically small compared to the Dali Zensor's, really no bigger than my Logitech Z5500d. I know size isnt everything but I am concerned I will spend £1000 (a lot of money to me) and the difference between the two wont be that noticeable.... Has anyone gone from Logitechs to these (or the Dali) by any chance?? Is the difference 'really' noticeable?

DENON AVRX2000 & Dali ZENSOR 1 5.1 pack

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/home-cinema-separates-bundle-deals/pah011576

My concerns:
Everything about these seem great, but ironically my concern is the large physical size of them in my lounge. I know I am contradicting myself on the above, but the Q Acoustics look quite small, and these, specifically the centre speaker, seem rather big. Though I could live with this.

I want them predominantly for Sky TV, Blu Ray (and Blu Ray 3D) movies and Xbox One, but also for music as well. I prefer the look and size of a compact system, but want to pack maximum punch for my money.

I guess what I am asking is between the two above - which is the better??? Which one would you go for or are there any other suggestions?? I would like to think, from the price alone, both would be a huge step up in quality from the Logitech Z5500d?? I am going to my local Richer Sounds this weekend for a demo but because a £1000 is a lot me i guess i am looking for reassurance that this upgrade will be well worth it and sound quality will be far superior compared to the Logitech Z5500d...??

Thanks for any comments, suggestions etc.

All the best.
Wswan12

danbeatles78

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I owned the q7000 set and wasn't overly impressed if I'm honest

sounded pretty weak for music and films was so-so

My front room is quite big so I suppose it also depends on the size of the room

eastendmyfreind

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
Have recently tried both QAcoustics stuff and the DALIs. The DALIs blow anything from QAcoustics way out of the water.

Demo'd the DALIs in Richer Sounds in Kingston and the manager Andy played me some cranked up drum and bass as well as a sci-fi movie and the bass reproduction is outstanding. I was a bit concerned with music that the treble production wasn't as great as it could be though.

Currently looking at the DALIs vs the new B&W 685 and accompanying products. Think those will be better for music (which is my primary concern) although possibly quite a bit more expensive.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts