Onkyo 605 Question

michael.seigal

Sep 26, 2007
Visit site
I bought the 605 + kef 2005.2 5.1 set, cabled it up with QED silver Aniversary cables. Now while I am watching a show broadcast in 2.1 if I put my ear to a rear speaker I hear some very quite distorted audio from the 2.1 broadcast.

Does anyone experience this or have a suggestion as to what is causing it? My first thought was potentially the cabling could not be shielded or something like that but I am really not sure? Could even be a fault with the Amp?

Any suggestions would help!

Thanks

Michael

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Are you running it in direct stereo? The broadcast is of course in 2.0, not 2.1, so if you are using some processing to extract the subwoofer channel, such as PLIIx or DTS Neo:6, you can get odd sounds from the rears due to spurious phase shifts in the original material, phase shifts being what these processors use to extract surround from stereo sources.

I'd suggest it's a fault with neither the amp nor the cabling, but the source material.

FoxJA

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
I used to get that with my Sony STRDB-1080 amp when watching sky sports, but since upgrading to my Onkyo SR-875 it has been fine. I don't use PLII or anything like that, I just have it in all channel stereo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts