onkyo 605 and sharp blu ray

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a onkyo sr 605 connected to the sharp blu ray player specs below connected via hdmi to receiver and unable to get the dolby tru hd to light up on the receiver.. any ideas why this is not working would appreciate it. Playback disc formats: BD-ROM/R/RE, DVD video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, Audio CD, Standby power consumption (Watt): 0.6 Power consumption (Watt): 28 Recording disc formats: DVD Video, DVD-RW/R, DVD+RW/R, CDDA, CD-RW/R DVD Video: Yes CD-R/RW: Yes Dolby Digital Sound: Yes HDMI: Yes MPEG-4 Decorder: Yes Terminals: HDMI 1.3 out, Component video out, S-Video out, Video out, 5.1-channel analogue audio out, Audio out L/R, Coaxial digital audio out, Optical digital audio output Multi Language OSD: Yes DTS Digital Out: Yes RW Compatible: Yes Other features: Full digital high-definition 1080p video output via HDMI; Dolby® TrueHD (lossless, 48 kHz only), Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS Digital Surround Accessories included: Remote control, Battery for remote controller, User manual, A/V cable, Power cord Dimensions -width (in mm): 430 Dimensions -height (in mm): 68 Dimensions -depth (in mm): 335 Weight (KGS): 4

A

Anonymous

tried everything possible still cant get the tru hd lit on my receiver i have also installed the firmware cd from onkyo and still
not working. I will be ringing them again on tuesday when they open to try to get this sorted.

i have tried to change the audio format when watching spiderman 3 it displays hd 5.1 but receiver states dolby d...dolby digital ex dts neo but no option to select tru hd.

if anyone knows a solution to this then please let me know as so many people i know are having the same problem.

I was told from sharp that the blu ray player decodes in dolby tru hd so the receiver should clearly state this.

I hope what hifi address the issue soon in there magazine as i sure there are lots of very fustrated people out there that would like the situation resolved. ( not having sleepless nights worrying about this)

:-(

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
If your Blu-Ray player is decoding the TrueHD signal, then your amp will not display it. Basically, your amp will only display the signal it is receiving. If your Blu-Ray player is decoding the TrueHD soundtrack, it will arrive at your amp as PCM and that's what your amp will display (as it has no idea what your Blu-Ray player has done to it beforehand).

You should therefore check if your Sharp Blu-Ray player is capable of sending the TrueHD signal via bitstream (this basically means it's sending the audio soundtrack as it exists on the disc). If it can and you send it like this, then your Onkyo should then recognise this and decode it (as well as displaying TrueHD as it knows what it is in this format). If the Sharp can't do this, but is decoding it itself before sending to the amp, you're still getting the same sound, but the amp won't show TrueHD as it's already been decoded and it therefore doesn't know it's TrueHD.

A

Anonymous

Right i see

Thats seems to make a bit more sense now...i will ring sharp and ask them as im not sure if it does that or not..

Thanks very much for the advise

Much appreciated

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts