onkyo 5009 usa question

markyboy156

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
>) hi a friend of mine is about to buy a onkyo 5009 usa version amp i want to know will the american amp accept pal devices will they work properly on the tv ie sky hd box playstation 3 wii oppo 105 i live in the uk will there be any problems accepting the pal devices need help asap please?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
markyboy156 said:
>) hi a friend of mine is about to buy a onkyo 5009 usa version amp i want to know will the american amp accept pal devices will they work properly on the tv ie sky hd box playstation 3 wii oppo 105 i live in the uk will there be any problems accepting the pal devices need help asap please?

Not sure it's worth buying from the States: by the time you've paid shipping, import duty and VAT, even with a US price of just under £2000, it's going to end up costing you at least $2500, which is around £1650. Add on a transformer such as the one you suggest, and we're up to, say, £1850, against a UK price of £1999.

Then you may have operability problems, and if anything goes wrong the product will have to go back to the States for warranty work, or your friend will have to foot the bill for any repairs.

Frankly, it sounds like a falsh economy to me...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
A standards converter, and good ones of those don't come cheap. Think another £200-£300, and most of them aren't muitl-input, you need one for each source, or lots of cable swapping.

Going off the idea yet?

markyboy156

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
could you please andrew look into a standards converter for me with a link to the item so i can use all my pal equipment on the onkyo 5009 usa i have had a look and dont know what to buy thanks?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
markyboy156 said:
could you please andrew look into a standards converter for me with a link to the item so i can use all my pal equipment on the onkyo 5009 usa i have had a look and dont know what to buy thanks?

I'm afraid I don't have sufficient experience with such devices to do so, and as I have now said several times, I don't think buying a US version for use in the UK is a very sensible idea, so I'm going to pass on this one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts