On my own . . .

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi gents, long time no speak, 2016 has been a bad year, my serious mental llness issues became almost uncontrolable are now finaly under control . . . most of the time? No more Horlicks sessions, Hazel passed away in June. Little or no interest in hifi, I simply play music to pass the time, just like I'm doing now. Havent put vinyl on seriously since early in the year, all my music is from Spotify!!! You should have seen the dust on the TT lid when I cleaned it the other day!

Just bought a new (old) car, the Motorbility car had to go back, it was in Hazels name. I bought as a temporary mesure a 10 year old Volvo V50 estate, the CD hifi in it is briliant, complex computer controls but it realy is the bees . . . I like the car so much in general, its probably worth keeping, 4 wheels, a stearing wheel and a diesel engine with style . . . Lets face it, I'm no spring chicken at 70 next birthday, only do 5,000 mpy?

Well thats it, fighting to stay with it, hopfully 2017 will see better prospects?

CJSF

CJSF said:
Hi gents, long time no speak, 2016 has been a bad year, my serious mental llness issues became almost uncontrolable are now finaly under control . . . most of the time? No more Horlicks sessions, Hazel passed away in June. Little or no interest in hifi, I simply play music to pass the time, just like I'm doing now. Havent put vinyl on seriously since early in the year, all my music is from Spotify!!! You should have seen the dust on the TT lid when I cleaned it the other day!

Just bought a new (old) car, the Motorbility car had to go back, it was in Hazels name. I bought as a temporary mesure a 10 year old Volvo V50 estate, the CD hifi in it is briliant, complex computer controls but it realy is the bees . . . I like the car so much in general, its probably worth keeping, 4 wheels, a stearing wheel and a diesel engine with style . . . Lets face it, I'm no spring chicken at 70 next birthday, only do 5,000 mpy?

Well thats it, fighting to stay with it, hopfully 2017 will see better prospects?

CJSF

Good to hear from you again CJ even considering the circumstances. My condolences by the way, I can quite understand that solo Horlicks sessions are not quite the same.

Play more vinyl, I find the 'ritual' helps. ;-)

Glad to hear also that your automobile has a decent sound system, I used to have an old 760 Estate (about the size of your average barn) and seem to remember that had a stunning multi-speaker system installed.

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Firstly welcome back. So sorry to hear your news.
Please keep in touch on this forum; there are a few on here who occasionally throw their toys around but mostly we just want to play nicely and help each other. I hope that you can continue to offer us your views on hi-fi, music, cars and anything else that takes your fancy.
Look forward to hearing from you soon.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
How awful Cliff to hear about your wife Hazel, you often spoke about her health.

hope you can find some comfort with whatever you can

nice to hear from you too

all the best

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
HI there.

I haven't been on here long enough to know who you are but felt moved to offer condolences anyway. Music has always helped me when I've suffered loss.....I sincerely hope it can help you also

Good to see you in print again, CJ but very saddened to read your news. Condolences from me too. You are still quite young in the scheme of things. Our 75 year old neighbours have just bought themselves a new boat on the Thames - for leisure, not to live in!

I had one of those Volvos as a short term company car while awaiting my vehicle, and we enjoyed it very much. Great seats in particular, and economical. Decent hifi too, as you say.

Best wishes.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi CJSF,

I'm so sorry to hear of Hazel's death, that's a terribly sad for you and a cruel blow in addition to all the other crap you've had to deal with. Nothing I can really say, but I hope the coming year is as good to you as this year has been bad.

tsp

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts