Why won't my Sky Q box connect to my projector?????

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Bungle73

Nov 20, 2020
Visit site
This may solve your problem:

I guess it would be far too simple to make stuff that just works.....

That suggests to me that your new Sky Q box is looking for a later version of HDCP which your older projector does not support…
Thanks, but throwing sixty quid at this problem seems excessive.

Tinman1952

I guess it would be far too simple to make stuff that just works.....

Thanks, but throwing sixty quid at this problem seems excessive.
So you are wondering why your 13 year old HD only projector with HDMI inputs which are only v1.3 will not work with current equipment.? The current HDMI standard is v2.1 and HDCP has also moved on considerably since your projector was made!
I would have thought to get it working for only £60 or so was a bit of a bargain! Or would you rather buy a new projector? 😖

Bungle73

Nov 20, 2020
Visit site
So you are wondering why your 13 year old HD only projector with HDMI inputs which are only v1.3 will not work with current equipment.? The current HDMI standard is v2.1 and HDCP has also moved on considerably since your projector was made!
I would have thought to get it working for only £60 or so was a bit of a bargain! Or would you rather buy a new projector? 😖
To achieve what?? All that is required of an AV cable is to carry picture + sound. Nothing else. This is change for change's sake. I don't recall scart getting an update every five minutes making devices incompatible with each other. As far as I am concerned if you plug in an AV cable it should just work, whichever "version" it is. There is absolutely no reason why it shouldn't. And £60 is a ridiculous amount of money to have to spend to get it to.

Tinman1952

To achieve what?? All that is required of an AV cable is to carry picture + sound. Nothing else. This is change for change's sake. I don't recall scart getting an update every five minutes making devices incompatible with each other. As far as I am concerned if you plug in an AV cable it should just work, whichever "version" it is. There is absolutely no reason why it shouldn't. And £60 is a ridiculous amount of money to have to spend to get it to.
Well not quite….an ‘AV cable’ nowadays does much more than that! You have eARC, HDCP and CEC compatability plus the need for high bandwidth transmission which wasn’t needed just a few years ago.
Scart was an analogue connection….the world long moved on from that…perhaps you should too.
Technology progresses at an alarming rate which we just have to accept and not resent….
I bet you are not still using Windows 95…..🤔

TRENDING THREADS