On a mission from Sweden!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My beloved Mission Cyrus 1 has given up the ghost after nearly 21 years service and I have a choice - buy a new amp to go with the rest of the system, or get the Cyrus repaired.

Getting the Cyrus repaired is difficult. Cyrus Audio are happy to do it for a reasonable price, but I have to send the amp back to the UK via their distributors over here in Sweden - and they are being spectacularly unhelpful when it comes to sending the amp to the UK (like they don't really want to do it).

The alternative is new amp, for which the budget is limited (500 or less). The key parts of the rest of the system are the speakers (a pair of Ruark Swordsman) and the turntable (an Acoustic Research with AR arm and an A&R C77 pickup). I also have a CD player (Pioneer PD4500, which was given to me), a tape deck (Aiwa AD-F800) and a tuner (Denon TU260L).

So what does the assembled expertise here on the forum recommend? A new amp or reparing my old Cyrus 1?

A

Anonymous

What about the XTZ Class A100 D3 ? It's local, so presumably you can audition one, and the price seems reasonable at 6290 SEK.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Pressure the distributor , and if not getting any luck advise them you will be reporting their lack of support to manufacturer. Hopefully that might motivate them

nads

Mad Swede where are you?

I will be heading back to the UK in a few weeks maybe i can be of some assistance.

If it sounds helpful for you I am sure that Andrew E will pass on my Email addy if you want.

travelling from Trollhattan by car to London.

A

Anonymous

Tjenis,

Har du varit pa HIFI klubben i sverige?

Jag bor sjalv i England men nar jag kollade pa deras hemsida sist var priserna valdigt lika.

Annars ar det definitv var att betala lite extra for frakt om prylarna har ar billigare!

Simma lugnt
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts