OLED thoughts?

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
When OLED comes into the main stream will the advances from the first sets be in pq(as in plasma technology),or will it be just the 'add-on' stuff?

I can only accom upto a 50'' screen in my present home,bit worried that they will all be 60''+,any speculation folks(not on my home but available screen sizes?)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I think the point of OLED was to achieve plasma-like black depths but with less power requirements and a much thinner profile, so picture quality should be up there. I'm still wary of the aging blue issue though.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
I bought an MP3 Player around ten or so years ago and the read-out was in OLED ....yet to look at it's as good today as back then. It was a Monolith which for whatever reason cannot be bought for years now ... yet the sound is amazing... far better than the ipod's sound and louder too.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Alantiggger said:
I bought an MP3 Player around ten or so years ago and the read-out was in OLED

I'd be amazed if that was actually OLED, I didn't think it had been around that long, even for small screens, it's only the last 5 years or so that it's found its way into phones.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Ooh, yeah, look at that, that's pretty cool (looks like a 70s cigarette case or something, I think my nan had one that looked like that...).

Young at heart :) 8)

These guys liked the design as I did and still do : http://www.stuff.tv/review/monolith-mx7010

It sounds brilliant into the bargain.

TRENDING THREADS