OLED review of the new one

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

BB, be interested to hear if you've compared against your Kuro too. Cheers

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
Vincent_Teoh said:
Thanks ellisdj and Series1boy for your votes of confidence, but Jules is a good calibrator.

One thing I will point out though is that the report (quoted by strapped for cash) of Jules calibrating an LG 980W OLED indicates that he was calibrating through an external colour processor (Lumagen Mini 3D) which is a totally different kettle of fish from having to wrestle with the TV's internal controls. From speaking to LG's chief R&D engineers and from experience, certain parameters need to be set correctly to facilitate a smooth calibration on LG OLEDs.

Yes, Man of Steel has a muted colour palette, but check out the infinite number of lens flares! :)

Warmest regards Vincent
Thanks for the info. I think I will remain loyal to Jules though because he has been very good to me. Cheers.

Sorry no disresprect to anyone - I thought the above comment was from a comment from Vincent - thats why I just suggested to get the person in who had written that as they obviously have experience with the panel and have got experience getting results of that quality - then they will be able to replicate that on your panel

Mistake made there sorry about that - either way no harm done

DOH I QUOTED FROM THE WRONG POST - IDIOT - SORRY

I only opened the package to check the TV hasn't been damaged in transit and it's working ok without any issues with screen uniformity. It's now all boxed up in my Kuro box (for better padding) and now will only be switched on in the last week of December in the new house.

Not had a chance to compare properly. Kuro looked better, but then the Panasonic was only 2 feet away. So not a fair comparison.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts