Old XBOX360 and Onkyo 905

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone had an onk and old xbox 360? (most people on here seem to have the ps3). How do you hook up the 360 through the onk? I have had a look at the back of the onk and it doesnt seem to have the 4 component inputs that the 360 requires. Sorry for asking this question but my 360 is in storage currently so i cant actually have a play around at the moment!

Thanks

A

Anonymous

You mean old as in pre hdmi? Connect video to your TV and optical to the 905.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
17550884_90c62a3f54.jpg

Component video inputs top left on the rear panel of the Onkyo 905 - you only need the three (red blue and green) for composite video. Fourth cable carries composite video, and isn't required in this set-up.

Then, as mentioned above, connect digital audio from XBOX to receiver, and you're in business.

A

Anonymous

Andrew, does the forum need a games section now that they are advertised everywhere on the site?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Octopo:Andrew, does the forum need a games section now that they are advertised everywhere on the site?

Are they 'advertised everywhere on the site'?

A

Anonymous

Well not literally everywhere, but I have been getting an eye full recently of both adverts and reviews.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Ah right. I see.

I think the forum definitely needs a "posting all over the place while tired and emotional" section, given the amount of old twaddle from you I had to delete over the weekend.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
Ah right. I see.

I think the forum definitely needs a "posting all over the place while tired and emotional" section, given the amount of old twaddle from you I had to delete over the weekend.

Harsh...but fair. Octopo's ability to post nearly all night, without consideration for units consumed, has amazed me recently.

A

Anonymous

Noted, was a monumental saturday all sat around in the flat. Pointless conversation between friends generally doesn't convey well to the forum when no one has a clue what I'm on about.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
andyb190:Harsh...but fair. Octopo's ability to post nearly all night, without consideration for units consumed, has amazed me recently.

Yes, but this weekend he was posting pure rubbish, which kept me busy for a significant part of Sunday morning deleting a large number of nonsensical - and in one case defamatory - posts.

I really could do without it...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts