okay guys what receiver denon 1911 or yamaha rxv 667?

markiedee

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
i'm at my wit's end here i can't decide what one to get, my head says denon my heart is saying yamaha. i had a demo the other day at sevenoaks they unfortunately didn't have either the denon 1911 or the 667 but they did have a denon 2311 which sounded really good and obviously abit more money.

i hate the fact that the denon 1911 is stripped so much at the back for connections whereas the yamaha has alot but i do like the robust and solid look of the denon compared to the yamaha.

if any owners of either recievers could add there input regarding sound quality ease of use good and bad will really help me and i would be very grateful.

A

Anonymous

There is a post with a very similar question, so please see my thought on there.

But also to add to that, what are your speakers? As this makes a difference.

Also, I would not judge the 1911, by the quality / sound of the 2311. When I had my 1910, there was a huge difference between the 1910 and the 2310.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
1911 owner. I demoed both (and the Onkyo) and for me it sounded better with my speakers. Obviously it's a personal choice. I haven't found the number of inputs limiting in anyway either.

Set up is a doddle - as long as you use a Denon to English converter . I've deleted all the inputs from the menu that I don't use, renamed the ones I do to, PS3, Wii, Sonos, Sky so it's wife friendly. I'm very happy.

A

Anonymous

Lee H:
1911 owner. I demoed both (and the Onkyo) and for me it sounded better with my speakers. Obviously it's a personal choice. I haven't found the number of inputs limiting in anyway either.

Set up is a doddle - as long as you use a Denon to English converter . I've deleted all the inputs from the menu that I don't use, renamed the ones I do to, PS3, Wii, Sonos, Sky so it's wife friendly. I'm very happy.

Don't get me wrong, I am not judging the 1911 in any way what so ever, I just changed to Yamaha as I wanted an MA speaker package and they match well.

All I was trying to say, and I'm sure the 2310 owners will back me up, that there is a huge difference from the "19" to the "23" version. And if he purchased a 1911 on the basis of the demo for the 2311, he may not get what he was hoping for.

It would be advisable to demo the 1911 against the 667 and judge it on that basis.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
markjaspi:Lee H:

Don't get me wrong, I am not in anyway judging the 1911 in any way what so ever, I just changed to Yamaha as I wanted an MA speaker package and they match well.All I was trying to say, and I'm sure the 2310 owners will back me up, that there is a huge difference from the "19" to the "23" version. And if he purchased a 1911 on the basis of the demo for the 2311, he may not get what he was hoping for.It would be advisable to demo the 1911 against the 667 and judge it on that basis.

Would quite agree. I demoed with the speakers/sub I was using, anything else could have resulted in one effect in store and a completely different one at home.

Like I said, it's personal choice. I like mine, it fitted the budget and so on. Someone else may hate it, but for my house and ears it's just fine.

markiedee

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the quick response's guys at the moment it will only be a 2.1 setup. i have a pair of 50watt bookshelf speakers which aren't to bad and i have just ordered a bk gemini mk2 sub today so thats the setup for for now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts