Denon 4520 or Yamaha 3030

Jim70

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I have purchased a B & W 683 theatre package and looking for a new receiver. What would be best, the Denon 4520 @ £1395 or the Yamaha at £1999. Is the Yamaha worth the extra cost over the Denon. These prices are from Sevenoaks.

Mtenga

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
If you call peter Tyson you should be able to get the 4520 for 1300. They are both top of their respective ranges but the yamaha model is newer. Both will fit well with your speaker choice. Personally I'd prefer the yamaha but the 4520 is starting to look like value.

parzival

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I dont have the Denon, nor did I ever have one.. I am though on my 2nd Yamaha (RX-V540 and now RX-A3030).. and I am very happy with it. I like the design ( you still have to look at it every day) and the sound is incredibly good. But I'm guessing the Denon will perform just as good. So go for your gut-feeling, that usually works the best.

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Jim70 said:
I have purchased a B & W 683 theatre package and looking for a new receiver. What would be best, the Denon 4520 @ £1395 or the Yamaha at £1999. Is the Yamaha worth the extra cost over the Denon. These prices are from Sevenoaks.

i have the Denon 4520 as my home theatre amp and I find it great, it compliments my theatre speakers very well. Looks like a tank though, but I quite like that. Has some useful features like "containment" to compress the frequencies that travel through walls, good for me as I'm in a flat. Also has a 3 port Ethernet switch which is handy given the number of smart devices near the tele these days. Previously had an Onkyo txnr905, which was a very well regarded AVR in its day, though I do find this a little more exciting to listen to.

bobmax65

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I demoed the top end yamaha, pioneer and the denon at west coast hifi perth,2 were unnatural and totally over the top in sound, one was pure and realistic, so I picked the Denon 4520.

Best to demo bud.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts