Denon 4000 or Yamaha 1030? My ears deceive me!

JamesP1701

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

Ive always been a Denon user (from a 2311) matched with B & W 683 fronts, DS3 rears, HTM 62 centre and BK sub. AFter upgrading to the 4000 I am now on my second faulty model.

My dealership has loaned me a Yamaha 1030 to try. Instantly I love the added detail from the fronts - so much more clarity and in the ctnre too. However, I wonder if this is coming at the expense of the added bass/surrounds that Audyssey Dyn EQ provided - something I've always loved.

What are peoples' thoughts? I am genuinely stuck!!

James

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Other than the amplification they're using, I think the differences in AV receivers tend to be more down to how the auto setup and the room EQ sets things. Most people tend to trust those settings and compare that way, but rooms can easily trick a mic into thinking a small speaker is much bigger than it actually is, the end result being the end user gets about 30/40% of the receiver's capabilities.

I would always recommend double checking what the auto setup has done, and get advice (if your dealer hasn't set it up for you) as to the best settings to suit your room/speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts