Ok, novice needs advice

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Just ordered:

wpid-41ZzRWXwlvLSL500.jpg

I'm going to attempt to fix my chord odyssey banana plug. One of the factory installed chord plugs has come off. It still works but it's loose and I can slip the plug off and on. I've never soldered in my life and I would imagine this will be a one time thing. But I do love my Odyssey. So I'll give it a go. One thing I'm wondering about is how I get the solder down into the banana plug barrel before I stick the cable in. I could stick the cable in first but then I'm just soldering the lip at the bottom of the plug. So I'm not quite sure what to try. Any tips appreciated. [:S]

A

Anonymous

jaxwired:

Just ordered:

wpid-41ZzRWXwlvLSL500.jpg

I'm going to attempt to fix my chord odyssey banana plug. One of the factory installed chord plugs has come off. It still works but it's loose and I can slip the plug off and on. I've never soldered in my life and I would imagine this will be a one time thing. But I do love my Odyssey. So I'll give it a go. One thing I'm wondering about is how I get the solder down into the banana plug barrel before I stick the cable in. I could stick the cable in first but then I'm just soldering the lip at the bottom of the plug. So I'm not quite sure what to try. Any tips appreciated.
emotion-7.gif

Hi jax,

When I had my first stab at electronic soldering I found alot of useful tips (not surprisingly) here. I successfully replaced blown capacitors on my Samsung LCD which was causing a problem when trying to switch on (common Samsung design fault apparently). I admit, it was'nt quite as pretty as in some tutorial videos but at least it worked, saved me quite a bit of money and I got that wonderful sense of job satisfaction
emotion-2.gif

Happy tinning
emotion-5.gif

Nick

A

Anonymous

I have just had my odyssey reterminated by my local chord dealer to incorperate my rel neutrik cable and to be honest for the sake of £4 per plug it would probably be better to let them do it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts